The gaming industry is ever so increasing. Whether it’s about PC gaming, console gaming, cloud gaming, or even mobile gaming. At the beginning of 2022, we saw Google release a new gaming service, known as Google Play Games for PC. This is a service that allows you to freely play your favorite mobile games on a PC without having to install any sort of Android emulator. During its start, we got to see that the service was available for a very limited number of regions.
As of now, we can slowly see Google Play Games Beta for PC being released across different parts of the world. So, here is our guide on how you can access and use Google Play Games Beta on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
How to Get Google Play Games Beta [Right Now]
Since Google Play games have a ton of free as well as paid games, a lot of people want to know how they can begin playing their games on their own Windows-based PC. Plus you won’t have to worry about starting over a game that you’ve previously played on your mobile device. The progression continues and carries on whatever device you play the particular game from the Google Play Store.
Let’s take a look at what regions are able to access it, what the system requirements are, and also how to get the Play Games service.
Google Play Games Beta for PC: Supported Regions
Here is a list of countries where Google Play Games for PC is now live.
- Hong Kong
- United States
Google Play Games Beta for PC: System Requirements
The system requirements for Play games on PC were earlier revealed, which you can check out here. However, Google has now reduced the system minimum requirements needed to play on Play Games for PC. Here are the new minimum system requirements for PC.
- Windows 10 PC
- SSD with 20 GB Free Space
- CPU with 4 Cores
- RAM 8 GB
- GPU: Integrated GPU
- Windows Account with Admin Privileges
How to Install Google Play Games Beta on PC
Now that you know what regions and what system requirements are needed in order to access Google Play games on PC, now let’s look at the steps needed to get the Play games service.
- On your PC, launch your favorite web browser and visit the official Play Games website.
- Once the website loads, click on the Download button.
- With the file downloaded, run the installer to install Play Games on Your PC.
- You will have to enable Windows Hypervisor on your Windows PC
- To enable Hypervisor, open the Start Menu and type in Windows Features
- A Window will now appear. You need to look for the Windows Hypervisor Platform and select the checkbox next to it.
- Click on the OK button. You might have to restart your computer for the feature to be enabled
- This feature is available only on select Intel CPUs.
- Once the installation is complete, you will have to sign in with the Google Account that you used to sign in on your Android phone.
- With all of it done, you can now easily browse through the large library of games, install your favorite ones, and continue from you’ve left off.
If at all you have issues with the program running, make sure that your Windows system is up to date and also meets the minimum system requirements. Note that having Play games installed on an SSD will surely improve the performance of your games and the overall experience with it.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- List of Touch-Supported Games on NVIDIA’s GeForce Now Cloud
- Xbox Game Pass Games – The Complete List
- Here’s the List of Games available in PS Plus (Continuously Updating)
- How to install APK Installer on Windows 11 for faster sideloading