The gaming handheld space is growing rapidly. With so many brands and device models available, it can be a bit confusing for people to pick the best one out there. However, if you’re someone that has picked up the Ayaneo 2 handheld gaming console, you know that it runs on Windows 11 itself. As with many devices out there, there will be a time when your device might be facing some sort of an issue, and, one sensible way to solve that issue is to perform a factory reset on your Ayaneo 2.
Performing a factory reset for a particular device in the right way is important. You wouldn’t want to put your device into more problems or issues by performing any particular task wrong. So, if you are looking around for a simple and easy-to-follow guide on how to perform a factory reset on Ayaneo 2 handheld gaming console, you’ve come to the right place.
How to Factory Reset Ayaneo 2
When you perform a factory reset of any device out there, all the data that has been stored on the device, including apps, accounts, and other personal information, as well as settings, will be erased from the device. After you perform a factory reset, the device will need to be set up just as the day you first unbox and set up the device for use. Additionally, there are certain things that you need to remember before you begin to perform a factory reset on the Ayaneo 2.
- First, ensure that your Ayaneo 2 has around 80% of battery charge.
- The Windows 11 OS that is on the Ayaneo 2 has not been uninstalled or modified.
- The hardware such as the SSD inside the AYANEO 2 is the same and has not been swapped up.
Now that you have all the important points noted down, you can easily follow these steps to perform a factory reset of your Ayaneo 2.
- First, power off the Ayaneo 2. You can do this by clicking on the Windows icon and then clicking on the Power icon on the Start menu.
- Make sure to select the Shut Down option.
- Now that your Ayaneo 2 is switched off, you need to press the RC button, Volume+ button as well as the Power buttons present at the top of the handheld console.
- When the device’s fans switch on and the RGB lights up, release the power button. However, keep the RC and the Volume button pressed.
- You can release all the buttons once the Reset Device interface appears on the screen.
- The screen will now display a green checkmark icon and a red cross icon.
- Simply tap on the green icon.
- The factory reset process for the Ayaneo 2 will begin shortly.
Within a few minutes, the device will restart and you should now see the Windows 11 setup screen appear. This is the usual out-of-the-box Windows 11 setup you will be asked to sign up with your Microsoft account, adjust a few settings, enable or disable data collection and view privacy settings. Once all of that has been completed, you can go ahead and use your Ayaneo 2 handheld device right away.
Of course, you will have to download and install the games that you wish to play and maybe install other apps that you would use regularly for gaming on the Ayaneo 2.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily perform a factory reset of your Ayaneo 2 handheld gaming console if and when you might be facing some sort of trouble or issues. The process is simple and easy to follow. However, if you have removed the original Windows 11 installation from the Ayaneo 2, then you will simply have to use the Factory Reset options that are available in Windows 11 via the Settings app.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.