Whenever there is a new gaming platform or device that has been released, there is always one single question. And, that one question all the time is – will this device or platform support a particular game? This is a fair question and there is no harm in asking. Now that the Logitech G Cloud is available for people to purchase, a lot of people have this one question that seems to be left unanswered. The question is, can you play Call Of Duty on the Logitech G Cloud? Read on to know the answers.
Call of Duty is one franchise that has a large player base. Also, the fact that you can easily play with other friends and people online without having to worry about what platform they are, on makes the game enjoyable. Considering that Call of Duty has been available on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation, people expect this widely popular game to be available on every platform.
Given that the Logitech G cloud handheld is all about cloud gaming services and the option to enjoy them, it makes total sense to know if Call of Duty games can be enjoyed on this handheld. So, can you play the COD on Logitech G Cloud?
Can I Play Call Of Duty on Logitech G Cloud?
The short answer, at least for now is No. You cannot play any of the big titles like Call of Duty; games that are available on PC and consoles. However, that shouldn’t stop you from trying out select alternatives.
How to Play Call Of Duty Games on Logitech G Cloud via Steam Link
Steam Link is a great way to remote-play games that have been installed on your PC via your Logitech G Cloud. For this to work correctly, you need to have your Call of Duty games installed on your PC from the Steam Client. Once you have that sorted out, you can follow these steps to set up Steam Link and enjoy your Call of Duty games on your Logitech G Cloud.
- First off, open the Google Play Store on your Logitech G Cloud.
- Now, tap on the search bar at the top and search for the Steam Link app.
- Download and install this app to your Logitech G Cloud handheld.
- On your PC, launch the Steam Client and open the Settings menu.
- Select Remote Play and make sure to enable it.
- Now, on your phone, launch the Steam Link app. You can choose to pair your wireless controller to your phone or simply make use of the touch screen.
- Tap on options from the app and choose the Scan option.
- The app will now display a PIN on your screen. Make sure to enter that PIN on your PC’s Steam Client.
- In a few seconds, the app will begin to perform a network test.
- If the test passes you can choose the Start Playing option.
While it seems like a good idea to play Call of Duty in this manner, it is not recommended. After all, Call of Duty is a pretty competitive game and you would always want to make use of it so you do not have any latency problems, delays, and lags. Hence it is best to avoid it for now. You will soon be able to play Call of Duty games on cloud streaming services like Xbox Game Pass and Nvidia’s GeForce NOW.
Since the acquisition of Blizzard Activision by Micorosft has been successful, you can expect these games to show up on the cloud streaming services soon or later.
Play Call Of Duty: Mobile Instead
If you aren’t interested in setting up Steam Remote Play to play COD on your Logitech G Cloud, the best option available for you to try is by playing the mobile version of Call of Duty on your Logitech G Cloud handheld. Yes, you can play these games easily because the Logitech G Cloud handheld runs on Android OS and has the Google Play Store. Follow these steps to download and install Call of Duty: Mobile on your Logitech G Cloud.
- Power up your Logitech G Cloud handheld and ensure that it is connected to your WiFi network.
- Now, from the Home screen of your Logitech G Cloud, navigate and launch the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on the search bar of the app and type in Call of Duty.
- When you search for it, you will see the Call of Duty mobile app in the results. Tap on it.
- Make sure to tap on the install button.
- This action will download and install the game to your Logitech G Cloud handheld right away.
- Once the download and installation are complete, you can simply launch the game from the Play Store or from the device’s home screen or app drawer.
And that is how you can play Call of Duty on your Logitech G Cloud. Yes again, it’s not that great, but if you truly want to enjoy Call of Duty on your Logitech via cloud gaming services, it is ideal to just wait a bit longer when the franchise shows up on cloud gaming services like Nvidia GeForce NOW and Xbox Game Pass. So, until then this is the best way to enjoy Call Of Duty on your Logitech G Cloud handheld.