Logitech’s G Cloud handheld is the perfect way for you to game on the go, especially if you are someone that has a subscription to cloud gaming services. However, as it is with every gadget in the universe, you might face several issues that could be big or minor. And, for the most part, the best solution to solve or fix these problems is to perform a factory reset of the handheld device.
So, if you are someone looking for how to perform a factory reset for your Logitech G Cloud handheld, you have come to the right place.
The best part about the Logitech G Cloud handheld gaming device is that there are two different ways that you can follow to perform a reset – Soft Reset and Hard Reset. This is good because you can hard factory reset if you aren’t able to access the device’s settings page due to a broken screen, software bugs, or simply if the software file has gotten corrupted. So, let’s take a look at the two methods to perform a faster reset of your Logitech G Cloud device.
How to Factory Reset Logitech G Cloud from Settings
The first and best method to easily perform a factory reset on the Logitech G Cloud is by heading into the Settings app. This type of factory reset method is present on almost every electronic device out there. Here are the steps to perform a factory reset on your Logitech G Cloud handheld.
- First off, power up your device and tap on the Settings icon from the home screen.
- On the right side, tap on More Settings, followed by Android Settings on the right-hand side.
- Under the System option, select Advanced.
- Finally, choose the Reset Option.
- You will now see multiple reset options such as Reset WLAN and Bluetooth, Reset App Preferences, and Erase all Data.
- Select Erase All Data to perform a factory reset of your Logitech G Cloud.
- You will be asked to enter your PIN or password, depending on what security you have used on the lock screen of your Logitech G Cloud.
How to Factory Reset Logitech G Cloud from Recovery Menu
Just like a lot of smartphones, particularly Android ones, you have the option to reset your device from the Recovery menu itself. This helps you to reset your device instantly without having to jump through menus. Let’s take a look at how you can perform the factory reset of your Logitech G Cloud handheld via the recovery menu.
- First off, make sure to switch your Logitech G Cloud device off.
- Now, wait for 10 seconds.
- Keeping the Volume Down button pressed, plug the G Cloud into its power source.
- A menu should appear on the screen.
- Using either the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons, you can enter the Recovery Mode on the device.
- Press the Power button of the device to enter Recovery Mode.
- Hold the Power button and press the Volume Up button to show the Recovery Menu.
- Now, select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
- Finally, choose Factory Reset Data.
- The factory reset process will begin right away on your Logitech G Cloud handheld.
While performing the first method of factory reset on the Logitech G Cloud, make sure to have above 50% of the battery charge left on the device. Failure to do so may cause the device to be unusable. Or, you can simply have the device plugged into its power source when resetting the G Cloud via the Settings app.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.