Do-Not-Disturb in Focus is one of the most useful features of the iPhone. The feature lets you quickly silence everything, so you can do your work without getting distracted by contact notification tones or maybe even calls. Although it seems like a very useful feature, but there are some problems as well, you can miss some important calls and messages while using DND. There’s a workaround by which you can avoid missing important calls and messages. Here’s how to enable emergency bypass on iPhone.
Are you using Do-Not-Disturb more often and want to allow certain people to call, message or FaceTime with DND enabled? Then, you’re at the right place, in this guide you can check, how you use emergency bypass on your iPhone.
What is Emergency Bypass on iPhone?
Emergency Bypass is the feature that lets you customize Do Not Disturb for certain people or contacts. Turning on the emergency bypass feature help people to reach you while using DND mode. Yes, you will listen to the notification sound and ringtone when your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb.
Although, it is not the only way by which you allow certain people to contact you while using Do Not Disturb. If your iPhone is running on iOS 15 or iOS 16 or later version and you’re using Do Not Disturb with Focus mode, then you can easily allow people to bypass the DND mode.
So, there are two different ways by which you can allow certain people to contact you when you’re busy. Read along to know how to enable emergency bypass on iPhone.
How to enable Emergency Bypass on iPhone for Calls and FaceTime
- Open the Contacts app.
- Now Find and select the person you want to add to the Emergency Bypass list.
- On the contact page of the person, tap on the edit button available in the top right corner.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on Ringtone.
- Now you can see the Emergency Bypass setting, turn the toggle on, and then tap done.
Obviously, you can turn the option off anytime in the future. The afore-listed steps are for normal calls and FaceTime calls. If you want to use emergency bypass for messages on your iPhone, then you can follow the steps mentioned in the next section.
How to enable Emergency Bypass on iPhone for Messages
- Open the Contacts app and find the person.
- On the Contact screen, tap on the edit option listed in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on Text Tone.
- On the Text Tone page, you can see the Emergency Bypass option listed on the top, turn the toggle on, and then tap done.
As I said earlier, there are two ways by which you can allow people to contact you while using Do Not Disturb. Now let’s take a look at the second method.
Allow calls and notifications for people on DND with Focus
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Focus.
- Now head over to the Do Not Disturb Focus.
- In Allowed Notifications section, you can add people you want to receive a phone call from while using DND Focus.
- Tap on People, on the next screen you can tap on add button to add contacts to the list.
- Select the contacts you want to add to the list.
- Now change Allow Calls From setting to Allowed People Only.
- That’s it.
There’s no need to enable message notifications additionally with Focus Mode. Now whenever you use Do Not Disturb Focus, allowed people can contact you.
Now you will never miss any important call and message, thanks to the emergency bypass iPhone feature. If you still have any queries, then leave a comment down in the comment box, also share this article with your friends.