Looking for a way to download firmware for your Sony Xperia phone? This guide will help you to get the latest firmware for Sony Xperia phones in different ways. There can be many reasons as to why you are looking for firmware such as upgrading to a newer version, extracting boot image or recovery image, etc. You can follow this guide to download firmware for Xperia phones.
Firmware is a software file that contains everything from boot-related files to root files. Without firmware, a phone is just a piece of hardware and you won’t be able to use the phone. Since it contains the OS and other GUI related files, the firmware is different for each phone.
Download Sony Xperia Firmware
Sony phones are popular for their impressive cinematic cameras. And there are many other impressive features too. But one thing Sony needs to improve upon is quick and regular updates. And when an update is available, it takes a long time to be available on all devices. So if you are someone who hasn’t received the update, you can immediately update with the latest firmware.
As you know Firmware contains all the software related files, it is also required if you want a boot file or other files to prepare for root. So if you are a Sony Xperia user and looking for firmware for your phone, then this guide is for you.
There is more than one way to download firmware for Sony Xperia phones. The popular way and probably the easiest way is to use a dedicated firmware tool. So let’s start with the easiest way.
Method 1: Download Xperia Firmware using XperiFerm
XperiFerm is a popular tool specially developed for Xperia phones. The tool gets regular updates and whenever a new Xperia phone arrives it gets added to the tool in no time. You can find the latest Xperia firmware in the XperiFirm tool. We have a dedicated article for XperiFirm which you can check out here.
Now let’s see how to use XperiFerm to download Xperia Firmware.
- Download and open the tool. It will search for updates.
- The tool will list all the Xperia phones year wise. It also lists tablets and other accessories.
- Now click on your device and then select your region.
- It will look for available firmware. Click on the latest firmware.
- Next, click on the box under Available Firmware/Device image and it will show an option for download.
- Click on the Download button to get the update.
Method 2: Download Xperia Firmware using Xperia Companion
Sony also has an official method for updating an Xperia phone and downloading the device firmware. The official tool is called Xperia Companion. It is not an easy method but you can use it for many purposes like repair, backup, restore, and other processes. Let’s see how it works.
- Download the Xperia Companion tool from the official link.
- Now install the tool on your PC.
- Open the Xperia Companion app and connect your Xperia phone to your PC.
- The tool will detect your phone and list it in the tool.
- After that, you can check the Software Update and Software Repair option to get the latest firmware.
So these are the two methods to download Sony Xperia firmware. The recommended method is using the XperiFirm tool as it lists the available firmware for different regions and without connecting the phone. If we have missed any reliable tool that lets users download Xperia Firmware, then let us know in the comment section.