Windows 11 has just received an update that brings in a lot of new features to the OS. Now, alongside that, the Amazon App Store that is available on the Microsoft Store has finally added more than 1000s of Android apps and games. This is good news in many ways. First, the Amazon Appstore has tons of apps that you can choose from as compared to the previous handful of available apps.
The second reason is that you don’t have to sideload the apps or other app stores to install them. But then again, it depends on whether the particular game or app that you want is available on the Amazon Appstore or not. Let’s take a look at how to download apps from the Amazon App Store on Windows.
Download Android Apps on Windows from Amazon Appstore
- First things first, you need to have the Windows Subsystem for Android on your Windows 11 PC.
- To do this, head over to the Microsoft Store then search Amazon Appstore.
- Click on Amazon Appstore from Microsoft Store, it will download the Windows Subsystem for Android if it’s not available on your system.
- Once downloaded, launch the Amazon Appstore. You will find it from the Start menu itself.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Amazon account, If you do not have one, create an account to get started. Make sure that you have a US-based Amazon account with you since this feature works only for those in the US.
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to browse through the various apps and games that are now available on the Amazon Appstore.
- Simply search for the app or browse through the apps for the one that you want to install. Click on the blue Get button in the app store.
- Once the app finishes downloading, the button will now display. Click on the Open button to launch the game.
- The game can also be found on the Start Menu of your Windows 11 PC.
- And this is how you can download Android apps to your Windows 11 PC from the Amazon Appstore.
And this is how you can download and install Android apps from the Amazon Appstore on your Windows 11 PC. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Also, have you found the app that you wanted on the Store, or, did you have to sideload it?
You May Also Like – How to Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PCs
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.