Windows 11 is a new Windows Update that comes with many new features. And there is no doubt that the best feature is the support of Android apps. Ever since Microsoft released Windows Subsystem for Android, many users have been looking for a method to get the Play store working. Luckily, we found an easy way to make Play Store work with other GApps. Here you will learn how to install Play Store on Windows 11.
Microsoft announced Android apps support on Windows 11 long ago during Windows 11 announcement. But this feature was not available in the first stable Windows 11 as it was not ready. Luckily Microsoft has now started testing Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 beta. But there are already many tricks to get Windows Subsystem for Android on any Windows 11 channel including Stable Windows 11. Windows Subsystem for Android brings environments to PC that run Android Apps.
As you know that Amazon App Store is the official Android App Store for Windows, but we all know that Play Store is what everyone wants. Once you have installed the Windows Subsystem you can access the Amazon App Store. But Play Store will not work directly even if you sideload its apk. Luckily there is now a way to run Play Store on Windows 11. You can get past the Play Store sign-in page with this guide.
How to Install Play Store on Windows 11
Yes, you can get the play store working on a Windows 11 PC. Thanks to popular developer @ADeltaXForce who manage to get Google Play Service working. It means you can use other Google apps like Play Store, Games, etc. He also shared a detailed guide on Github. But the guide is not friendly for beginners. Luckily one of his followers and a developer Rageman666 has prepared a package that cuts all the complex parts. And so here you will learn an easy way to get Play Store working on Windows 11.
The package includes GApps so you don’t need to install it manually. Let’s now jump into the steps.
Step 1: Uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android
If you have installed the Windows Subsystem for Android on your Windows 11 PC, then uninstall it. You can uninstall it from Settings > Apps > Apps & Features. Uninstalling Windows Subsystem for Android will also remove all the Android apps that you install by sideloading or any Android App Store.
Step 2: Enable Virtualization and Features
Running Android Apps on Windows 11 required Virtualization to be enabled. You can enable it from the BIOS settings, Guide Here. Generally, it is enabled on most devices.
Search for Turn Windows features on or off in the windows search bar and open it. Now check the Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform and click on OK. If it asks for a restart, then restart your PC.
Step 3: Download Custom WSA Package
Rageman666 has prepared a package that you can download to get Windows Subsystem for Android with Google Play Services. You can download the WSA package using the download link.
Step 4: Install Windows Subsystem for Android Package
Now you need to install WSA from the downloaded package. Follow the given steps.
- Open Settings and search for Developer Settings. Open it and then enable Developer Mode.
- Extract the downloaded WSA package on your Windows 11 PC.
- Click on the Windows icon or Start menu and search for PowerShell.
- Open the PowerShell as an administrator.
- Now using the cd command navigate to the extracted folder. In my case the file is located in C:\Users\ashub\Downloads\Compressed\WsaPackage\WsaPackage, so i will use command cd C:\Users\ashub\Downloads\Compressed\WsaPackage\WsaPackage.
- Now run another command to install WSA.
Add-AppxPackage -Register .\AppxManifest.xml
- After entering the command, wait for its installation. Once done you will see the Windows Subsystem for Android on Start Menu.
- Open the Subsystem and enable Developer Mode. Click on Manager developer settings and wait until it’s open. Don’t close the Subsystem.
Steps 5: Sign in to Play Store on Windows 11
Now if you open the Play Store and try to sign in, it will throw an error. So avoid opening it before following these few steps.
- Download SDK Platform Tool on your Windows 11 PC.
- Extract the folder on your PC and open the extracted folder.
- Now run CMD from that location. For this you can enter CMD in the address bar and hot enter or you can also press Shift + Right click on an empty area and open the command window.
- Now enter the given command. The address after adb connect will be available under Developer Mode in Subsystem (if now then click on Refresh next to IP Address). If address on your PC is different then enter that address.
adb connect 127.0.0.1:58526
- If it fails, then enter the same command again and it will show it is already connected.
- Now enter in shell mode using this command:
- Enter two more commands in shell mode one by one
- That’s it, now you can sign in to Play Store without any problem.
You can use your Gmail id to access Play Store. And once you have access to Play Store on your Windows 11 PC, you can install any Android Apps. We have tested and it runs smoothly without any lag or issue. Let us know which Android apps you will try first on your PC once you get the Play Store.
So that’s all on how to get Play Store on Windows 11 PC. In case of any issues let us know in the comment section.
Windows 11 Guide: