iOS 16 brings a slew of new useful features for lock screen and home screen customization, including the new Photo shuffle feature. The much-awaited photo shuffle feature lets you change wallpaper automatically on your iPhone. You can save a different set of lock screen setups on your iPhone running on iOS 16, additionally, you can extend this thing further by using the new photo shuffle tool. Here’s how you can set up change wallpaper automatically on your iPhone.
Photo Shuffle feature has a slew of different options, allowing you to change your wallpaper daily, hourly, every time you wake up the device, or by tapping on the lock screen. Obviously, you can select any photos from your photo library or you can use the featured photos picked on your iPhone running on iOS 16. One of the coolest things about the new feature is, it lets you choose between different color filters and clock font on the lock screen.
Yes, there’s no need to use the different shortcuts to change wallpapers automatically, thanks to the new Photo Shuffle feature on the iOS 16. Now let’s take a look at how you can set up automatic wallpaper change for the home screen and lock screen on iPhone.
How to Change Wallpaper Automatically on iOS 16
On iOS 16 there are two different ways to change the background, one is the new method by holding the lock screen and the second is the traditional method inside the Settings app. For this tutorial, I am using the new method you can use any one you want.
- Unlock your iPhone running on iOS 16 or newer version.
- Tap and hold for a second on the lock screen, then tap + icon available at the bottom right corner.
- Select Photo Shuffle from the top carousel or from the different sections shown on the customization screen.
- It will show you featured images picked automatically for a better lock screen, with options like people, pets, nature, cities, etc. You can unselect any of these options which you don’t want to pick.
- Now change the frequency as per your needs, you can choose between Hourly, Daily, On Tap, or On Lock. As the name suggests, when you can tap on the lock screen, it will change the background, and the same for the On lock, every time you lock your iPhone it will change the background.
- You can tap Select photos manually, then pick your favorite photos from the photo library, yes, you can pick photos from any album you want. After selecting the photos tap done at the top right corner. Note: if you are using photos manually, then you can select up to 50 photos.
- On the preview page, you can swipe between different filters or choose different clock fonts by tapping on it.
- Once done, you can tap on the done option at the top right corner.
- That’s it.
If you use On Lock as Shuffle frequency then every time you unlock your iPhone you will see a different lock screen background, the same can be said for other Shuffle frequency options. If you want to stay updated with different activities, then you can also add widgets to your lock screen on the preview screen.
So, this is one of the easiest ways you can set up automatic wallpaper change on your iPhone running on iOS 16. If you have any query, then leave a comment in the comment box.
- How to set different lock screen and home screen wallpaper on iOS 16
- 43 Stunning iOS 16 Depth Effect Wallpapers for iPhone
- How to Remove the Home Screen Search Button in iOS 16
- How to Activate an eSIM on iPhone 14 and 14 Pro in the US
- How to Lock Hidden Albums on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to Merge and Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone [iOS 16]