Apple Music is a feature-packed music streaming app available on iPhone, iPad, and other Apple devices. Today, Apple released a much-awaited iOS 16.2 software upgrade for iPhone. And the new update brings the Karaoke experience to the Apple Music app. The new feature – Apple Music Sing, lets users sing along to their favorite songs within the Apple Music app. Read along to know how you can use the Apple Music Sing feature on your iPhone and iPad.
At the time of writing, tens of millions of songs on Apple Music are compatible with the new Apple Music Sing feature, the feature support should be expanded to more songs in the future. With the introduction of the new feature, the Music app gets support for over 50 new playlists focused on “all of the epic songs, duets, choruses, and anthems that have been compelling people all around the world to sing.”
Apple Music Sing feature takes the advantage of real-time lyrics on the music app to allow users to sing along to their favorite songs with adjustable vocals, background vocals, and duet view.
Here are the details about each new feature on the Apple Music app.
- Adjustable vocals: Users now have control over a song’s vocal levels. They can sing with the original artist vocals, take the lead, or mix it up on millions of songs in the Apple Music catalog.
- Real-time lyrics: Users can sing along to their favorite songs with animated lyrics that dance to the rhythm of the vocals.
- Background vocals: Vocal lines sung simultaneously can animate independently from the main vocals to make it easier for users to follow.
- Duet view: Multiple vocalists show on opposite sides of the screen to make duets or multi-singer tracks easy to sing along to.
Apple Music Sing feature is not compatible with every iPhone running on iOS 16.2, instead, the feature is available for iPhone 11 or newer models. The feature is also compatible with select iPads as well as the Apple TV.
Here’s the complete list of iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV that supports the Apple Music Sing feature.
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (Third-Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (Fifth-Generation and later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (Third-Generation and later)
- iPad Air (Fourth-Generation and later)
- iPad (Ninth-Generation and later)
- iPad Mini (Sixth-Generation)
- 2022 Apple TV 4K
So, if you own any of these compatible devices, then you can take advantage of the new Apple Music Sing feature, here’s how you can use it on your device. The steps are the same on both iPhone and iPad.
How to use Apple Music Sing Karaoke-like Feature on iPhone and iPad
Apple Music Sing feature is already available on iPhones and iPads running on iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2 and later versions as well. If your iPhone or iPad is running on the older version, then update it to the latest software. If you are already on the latest software, you can follow these steps to turn on the karaoke-like Apple Music Sing feature in the Apple Music app.
- Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the song you want to listen to, now tap on it to add it to the queue.
- Before playing it, tap the lyrics button (an icon with a quotation mark) available at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you will see a new icon (with a microphone and stars) displaying above the progress bar tap on it. It will only appear on the songs compatible support the Apple Music Sing feature.
- Touch and Hold the icon then drag the slider up or down to adjust the volume of the vocal.
- If you want to turn it off, then simply tap the slider.
- That’s it.
Apple drops this useful feature to the iPhone right before the holiday season, if you love singing songs, then you should try out the new Apple Music Sing feature on your iPhone or iPad.
If you still have a query on how to use Apple Music Sing feature on iPhone running iOS 16, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Create and Use WhatsApp Avatars
- How to use Continuity Camera on macOS Ventura and iOS 16
- How to Recover Recently Deleted Messages on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Mirror Apple Watch to iPhone on iOS 16
- How to use same WhatsApp Account on Two Phones [Official Method]
2 thoughts on “How to use Apple Music Sing feature on iPhone and iPad”
How do I get and install the IOS 16 on my iPhone 14 Pro Max?
iPhone 14 Pro was released with iOS 16 itself, all you need to do is update your phone to iOS 16.2, by going to Settings > General > Software Update, then install the new update.