Want to get started with your Amazon Echo and Alexa, you need to connect it to your WiFi. This guide is about the same. Here you will know how to connect Amazon Echo to WiFi.
Amazon Echo devices can perform various tasks when connected to WiFi, whether it is about playing a song, searching the internet for something, reading out today’s news and weather updates, or controlling smart home appliances. If you want to utilize all features of the Amazon Alexa Echo, then you need to connect it to WiFi.
Alexa Echo comes in different types and sizes. While they may be different and function differently from other Echo devices, the process to connect all Echo to WiFi is the same. It’s good that there is a standard method to connect the Alexa Echo to the internet.
There are two ways that you can follow to connect your Alexa Echo to the Internet. Let’s take a look at what is needed to connect the Alexa Echo to the WiFi network.
Table of Contents
- Alexa App (for 1st method)
- Amazon Echo
- Amazon Account
- WiFi network
How to Connect Alexa Echo to WiFi with Alexa App
Let’s take a look at the first method to connect your Alexa Echo smart speaker to the WiFi network. This is a simple process provided you already have an Amazon account. If you haven’t, it’s time that you create an Amazon account by heading here.
- Plug the Amazon Alexa Echo speaker into its power source.
- Download the Alexa app on your Android or iPhone.
- Log into the Alexa app with your Amazon account.
- Now that you’re signed in, tap on the Devices tab in the Alexa app.
- Choose the Echo and Alexa option.
- You can now tap on the type of Alexa Echo device that you wish to connect to the WiFi network.
- Currently, the WiFi status for the Alexa Echo will display as Not Connected.
- You should see an option that says Change next to it.
- Now the app will ask you to press the Action button on your speaker if it has one. The Echo will now enter Setup Mode and the orange light will blink.
- When the app detects your Alexa Echo device, tap on it.
- The app will now ask you to select your WiFi network. Enter your WiFi password and tap on the Connect button.
- Your Alexa Echo is now connected to the internet and can be used right away to answer your commands.
How to Connect Alexa Echo to WiFi without Alexa App
If you aren’t interested in installing and using an app to connect your Alexa Echo to the internet, there is an alternative method. You can try this using your PC.
- Connect your PC to the internet and open Firefox or Safari web browser.
- Now, head over to alexa.amazon.com. If you see a page that says scan QR code, simply click on the link that says go back to the previous version.
- Sign in with your Amazon account.
- Now, click on the Settings option.
- On the right side, you should see a Set Up A New Device option. Click on it.
- Choose the type of Alexa Echo that you have. Then select the Language of your choice.
- Click on Continue when it displays the Begin Echo Setup page.
- Plug your Alexa into the power source. The orange light or any other light on the speaker should now light up. If it’s not the first setup, press the action button until the orange light starts blinking.
- The Echo Speaker will now create its own wifi network. You need to connect your computer to the Amazon wifi network.
- Once connected, click on Continue.
- The next page will ask you to select your WiFi network.
- Enter the password for your WiFi network. You have now connected your Alexa Echo speaker to the internet without using the app.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily connect your Alexa Echo to WiFi with two different methods. You can always choose the method that you feel is convenient for you. When setting up your Echo, always ensure that it requires an Amazon account in order to function properly. And yes, the Alexa Echo speaker needs to be always connected to the Internet to function and serve you better.
Got questions or queries? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below.