Amazon has several smart speakers powered by its voice assistant Alexa. The Echo Dot is one of the great smart speakers that you can use at home. You can ask various questions to the speaker such as the weather, and the latest news, play music, make phone calls, set reminders, and even create lists. But to make it work, it must be connected to a device. Here is the guide on how to put Alexa Echo Dot in Pairing Mode.
The Alexa Echo Dot can be paired with various Bluetooth devices. But to connect it to other devices, the Alexa echo dot must be in setup mode. It will allow other devices to detect the Alexa speaker. Today in this guide we will be showing you how to put it in setup mode and also how you can connect your device to it. The steps to put the device into pairing mode is simple and easy. Read on to know more.
How to Put Alexa Echo Dot in Pairing Mode
Pairing Mode or Setup mode allows other Bluetooth devices to discover the Echo Dot for connection. So whenever you buy a new Echo dot or want to connect echo dot to a new device you will need to put it in pairing or setup mode. It is very easy to enable pairing mode on Alexa Echo Dot. You can connect your device with or without the Alexa app.
- Amazon Alexa app
- Alexa Echo Dot
- Android or iOS device
Enter Setup Mode on Alexa Echo Dot
The pairing mode on Alexa is used to pair the smart speaker to any other device that you wish to connect it to. You can follow these steps on how to pair the devices with each other. Make sure to plug your Alexa Echo Dot into its power source and the speaker is switched on. The Echo Dot will display Orange Light.
- On your Android or iOS device, download the Alexa app. It’s free to download. For this method your Echo Dot must be connected to your phone.
- Switch on Bluetooth on your device you want to connect with your Echo Dot.
- Now, launch the Alexa app and tap on the Devices option.
- Tap on Echo and Alexa and select your Alexa Echo device.
- Now in your Echo device page select Connect a device under Bluetooth Connections. Or click on Settings icon and choose Bluetooth devices > Pair A New Device.
- You should now see a list of devices that the Alexa Echo Dot finds. Tap on the device that you wish to pair it with.
- Accept the pairing on your other device and it will be be paired with the Alexa Echo Dot.
- To connect your device to your Alexa speaker for media playback, all you have to say is “Alexa, Bluetooth“.
- This command will search for the device it initially paired with and will now automatically connect when it’s in range.
How to Put Alexa Echo Dot in Setup Mode without Alexa App
For some reason, if you do not want to use or are unable to use the Alexa app to connect the Echo Dot speaker to other devices, then you can use the WiFi method to put the speaker in setup mode and connect to other devices. You can follow these steps.
- You need to head over to the alexa.amazon.com website on your desktop.
- Sign in with the account that has been linked to the particular Alexa speaker that you wish to pair.
- Click on the Settings menu on the left side of the webpage
- Now select Devices followed by Set up a New Device option.
- Choose the device from the list that you wish to connect to.
- Plug your Amazon Echo Dot into its power source.
- Now connect the Echo Dot to the wifi network that’s named Amazon-XXX.
- Click on the Continue button in your web browser.
- Finally, select the device that you want to connect to and you are good to go.
How to Unpair Bluetooth Device from Alexa Echo Dot
No longer using the Bluetooth device that you paired previously with the Echo Dot? You can follow these steps to remove the device from your pairing list.
- Launch the Alexa app and sign in with the Amazon account that’s connected to the Echo Dot.
- Tap on the Devices option and choose Echo and Alexa.
- You need to select your Echo Dot device from this list.
- Now tap on Bluetooth devices. Select the device you want to remove by tapping on it and choosing Forget Device.
- In this way, you have unpaired a Bluetooth device from your Alexa Echo Dot.
This concludes the guide on how to put your Alexa Echo Dot into pairing mode and how to pair your mobile device to the smart speaker. With devices connected to Alexa speakers, you can play music, make calls, and even set alarms and reminders right away by just using voice commands. Have queries? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below.