Nowadays, a lot of people prefer to make use of wireless earphones and headsets simply because these devices have gotten better and better throughout the years. One of the most popular wireless earphones out there has to be the Apple AirPods and the Apple AirPods Pro. The AirPods have great features such as long-lasting battery life, exceptional audio quality as well as lovely noise cancellation. Because of these features, people tend to use their Apple AirPods with almost anything and everything.
While you can use it with your Apple iPhone, iPad, and macOS devices easily, there are people who want to know how they could connect and use the Apple AirPods with a Windows PC. If you are someone looking for the answer to the above question, you have come to the right place. Here’s a detailed guide on how to connect AirPods to Windows 11 and more.
Table of Contents
How to Connect AirPods to Windows 11 PC
The good part of owning the Apple AirPods is that you can easily connect to any and every device out there that has Bluetooth audio capabilities. You can use the AirPods to make calls, talk to people online and even use it to listen to music. So, follow these steps to know how you can connect and pair your Apple AirPods to your Windows 11 PC.
- First off, make sure that your Apple AirPods have enough battery in it.
- With your Apple AirPods having enough battery in them, head over to your Windows 11 PC.
- Using your mouse, click on the WiFi or Battery icon present at the bottom right of the Taskbar.
- In Control Center, click on the arrow next to the Bluetooth icon and turn the toggle on.
- Open the Bluetooth Settings by selecting More Bluetooth Settings.
- On the right at the top, you should a number of previously connected devices.
- Click on the large plus icon present at the extreme right that says Add Device.
- A Bluetooth dialog will pop up, simply select the first option that says Bluetooth.
- It will begin to search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Put your Apple AirPods into pairing mode by pressing and holding the setup button on the AirPods case.
- Once the LED indicator switches from orange to a flashing white light, the AirPods are now in Pairing mode.
- Make sure that your Apple AirPods haven’t got connected to anything else.
- Once your Windows 11 PC finds the Apple AirPods, click on it.
- The Windows 11 PC has now been paired to your Apple AirPods/AirPods Pro.
- Now, whenever your AirPods and Windows 11 PC are on with Bluetooth enabled, the AirPods will automatically connect to your Windows 11 PC.
How to Disconnect Apple AirPods from Windows 11 PC
Now that you know how to connect your Apple AirPods to your Windows 11 PC, you also need to know how you can disconnect the AirPods from your Windows 11 PC. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC.
- Click on the Bluetooth and Devices option from the sidebar on the left.
- Now, click on Devices. You should now be seeing a list of devices that were previously connected to your Windows 11 PC. You should also be seeing the Apple AirPods that are currently connected to your Windows 11 PC.
- Simply click on the three dots next to the device and choose Disconnect from the menu that pops up.
- You have now disconnected your AirPods from your Windows 11 PC.
How to Check AirPods Battery Percentage on Windows 11
While your iPhone or Android device has the ability to display the battery percentage of your AirPods, do you know that even your Windows 11 PC can display the battery percentage? Here is how you can see the battery percentage of your AirPods on Windows 11.
- Make sure your AirPods are connected to your Windows 11 PC.
- Click on the battery icon on the Taskbar.
- Now click on the Bluetooth tile and click on the arrow next to it.
- You should now be seeing all your previously connected and currently connected devices here.
- The battery percentage will be displayed next to the Apple AirPods if connected to your device.
Now that you know how to connect, disconnect, and view the battery percentage for your Apple AirPods, it’s time to look at some troubleshooting steps that can help you in case you ever have a problem between your AirPods and your Windows 11 PC.
If the AirPods connect to your iPhone instead of automatically connecting to your Windows 11 PC, it is ideal to turn the Bluetooth off on all nearby devices so that the AirPods are able to connect automatically to your Windows 11 PC.
If there is a problem such as the AirPods disconnecting randomly when already connected to your Windows 11 PC, it is best to remove the AirPods from your Windows 11 PC and then re-pair them again. This should help a lot of the issues. Also, you might want to check the battery percentage on your Apple AirPods and charge them if necessary.
If you think that your Windows 11 might be having problems, you can run the troubleshooter to sort and fix any issues. Here are the steps.
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now, click on system, and on your right, scroll down and click on Troubleshoot.
- Finally, click on Other Troubleshooters.
- You should see different categories and a list of troubleshooting options.
- Under the Other option, click on Run next to where it says Bluetooth.
- This will run the Bluetooth troubleshooter which will report any issues and fix them if possible right away.
This concludes the guide on how you can connect, disconnect and even troubleshoot any problems that you might have between your AirPods and Windows 11 PC. If you have questions or queries with regards to pairing your AirPods to your Windows 11 PC, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.