iOS 16 is not just a lock screen revamp; it brings a notable change to the home screen. Apple added a new search button on the home screen of the iPhone. The button appears right above the dock. If you like a clean home screen setup and prefer the home screen page indicator, then read along to know how to remove the home screen search button in iOS 16.
The new feature makes searching easier on the iPhone. Up until now, people can access the spotlight search by using a swipe-down gesture on the home screen or lock screen, the gesture functionality is available on the iPhone for years, but it is still a mysterious thing for some people. Spotlight search helps you find apps, files, contacts, emails, or other data.
If you prefer a swipe gesture over a dedicated search button, then you’ll be glad to know that you can remove the button from your iPhone home screen.
Let’s dive right into the steps.
How to remove the Home Screen Search Button from iOS 16
If you’re a Pro user and like a clean home screen setup, then you can follow the below steps to quickly replace back the search button with the home screen page indicator. Fortunately, the option to remove the button is available inside the Home Screen Settings, so you don’t have to do much to remove it.
- First things first, open Settings on your iPhone running iOS 16.
- Swipe down a bit, then tap Home Screen.
- Toggle the Show on Home Screen off inside the Search section in the Home Screen settings.
- That’s it.
Now when you swipe up to go back to the home screen, you’ll see the home screen page indicator instead of the Search button. As I mentioned earlier, you can still search on your iPhone with a swipe-down gesture on the home screen or you can ask Siri to find the content that you’re looking for.
If you want the Search back, simply go back to the home screen settings then turn the toggle on.
So, this is the easiest way to remove or disable the search button on the iPhone home screen, if you still have any queries, then drop a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
iOS 16 Articles:
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Lock Hidden Albums on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to use Safety Check on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Merge and Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to use multi-stop routing in Apple Maps on iPhone [iOS 16]