Watching content has become easier than ever, especially if you no longer make use of cable networks. There are so many OTT services out there that are cheaper than having a cable connection. And the advantage of having OTT services is that you can watch it anywhere. Your TV, PC, or even your mobile device can be used to watch from where you left. Apple TV is a service that lets you watch a variety of content. From movies to various other Apple Original series. If you have Apple TV on your Apple device and want to watch it on your Smart TV, then here’s how to cast Apple TV to Chromecast.
Well. Smart TVs are smart enough and let you screen share or cast your content from the phone. It helps in improving the viewing experience as well as the audio experience much better and immersive. Now, many apps let your cast or mirror right away, especially if you have an Android device. But since the Apple TV app is only available on the iPhone and iPad., it can be a bit tricky business to get it done. Anyways, let’s take a look at how you can cast Apple TV to Chromecast.
Can you Cast Apple TV to Chromecast?
So, can you cast Apple TV to a Chromecast on an Android TV? The answer is no. You can only cast to a TV that has Apple AirPlay built-in, which is present on a handful of TVs. This can be a headache if you have a TV that does not have Apple AirPlay support.
How to Cast Apple TV to Chromecast from Desktop
The only sensible and logical way to cast Apple TV content to a Chromecast-enabled TV is by using a PC. Follow the steps below to cast Apple TV to Chromecast
- On your PC, visit the tv.apple.com webpage.
- Sign in with your Apple ID or create a new one if you do not have an ID.
- If you are a new user, you can make use of the free 7-day trial period
- Now that you have your Apple TV account set up and ready, power your TV on.
- Make sure that your TV and PC are connected to the same Wireless Network.
- Now, on your PC, you will have to search for the TV to be able to cast your content to it.
- On your Windows 10 PC tap on the speech bubble icon that is on the right side of the taskbar to open up the Action Center.
- Select the Connect tile. You will see an option for Connect Wireless Display. Select it.
- Your PC will now start searching for Wireless Displays that are connected to the same network.
- Once you spot your TV on the list, simply select it and you should now be screen casting onto your TV.
- And in this way, you will be able to cast Apple TV onto your Chromecast display.
Install Apple TV on Chromecast
If you use the latest Chromecast device for your TV, you can now finally use the Apple TV app on your Google Chromecast device that is connected to your TV.
- Navigate to the Play Store.
- Once inside, you can now search for the Apple TV app. You can do this by typing in the app name in the search bar or by using your voice to search for Apple TV.
- From the search results, select the Apple TV app.
- Select Install to download the app to your Chromecast.
- With the app downloaded, select Open.
- Simply click on the Start Watching button.
- Now, head over to the Gear icon on the right side and select it.
- You can now either create an account or simply sign in with your existing Apple ID to begin watching content on the Apple TV app.
And this is how you can use a workaround to cast Apple TV on your Chromecast. Yes, it does seem a bit weird that Apple does not have an app for Android devices, but then that is the only way people will be pulled over to an Apple device to take advantage of the app. However, if you have an AirPlay-enabled TV, then you should be just fine without having to go through the hassle of using other devices to cast Apple TV onto Chromecast.
You May Also Like – Apple TV Streaming Channels
Also, share this article with your friends and family members. Feel free to drop a comment if you have any queries.
More Related Articles: