LG Smart TV owners are in for a treat as LG has now partnered with Google Stadia to bring cloud gaming to LG’s Smart TVs With a new offer. You will be getting three months of Stadia Pro for free. This is a great partnership between LG and Google to promote cloud gaming to the masses. Again, this offer is available only in regions where Google Stadia is available.
This is a great way for people who have always wanted to try cloud gaming but have always stepped back probably because of the prices. While a monthly subscription for Google Stadia Pro will cost you $9.99, this three-month offer is one that you shouldn’t miss. Also, understand that this offer is applicable only to those who are new subscribers to Stadia Pro.
Now, not all LG Smart TVs will be eligible for this offer. If you have an LG Smart TV that runs on WebOS 5.0 or newer, you will be able to claim this three-month Stadia Pro offer. Here is a list of all the LG TVs that are compatible with Google Stadia’s three-month offer.
Supported LG Smart TVs
- 2020 OLED, Nano Cell, and UHD Models
- 2021 OLED, QNED, Nano Cell, and UHD Models
- 2022 OLED, QNED, Nano Cell, UHD, FHS, HD models
Supported Controllers List
Now, we all know that playing games on your smart TV are easier only with wireless or wired controllers. So, here is a list of all devices that are compatible with your LG Smart TV to play games on Google Stadia.
- Logitech F310, F510, F710, Rumblepad 2, Cordless Rumblepad 2, Dual Action Gamepad
- Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller (Wired)
- Microsoft Xbox One S and Xbox Series X Controllers (Wireless)
- NVIDIA Sheild Controller (wired)
- NVIDIA Shield Controller (Wireless)
- Sony DualShock 4 (wired)
- Sony DualShock 4 (Wireless)
- Sony PlayStation 3 Controller
Download the Stadia App on LG Smart TV
Now that you know which TVs are supported, which users are eligible for the plan, and what controllers work best with the LG Smart TV, you can now follow these steps to download Stadia app on your TV.
- Power up your LG Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
- Press the Home button on your remote and select the LG Content Store.
- If you do not see the Stadia app right away, you can select the search bar and search for Stadia.
- Select the app and then the Install button.
- Once the app has been downloaded, click on the Launch button and you should now see the Stadia app launch on your TV.
- You will also have to add some sort of payment method while creating your account. You will be charged only after three months have been completed.
- Cancellations are allowed before the three-month offer expires.
Do note that the offer for Google Stadia Pro on LG smart TVs will end on the 31st of January 2023. So, if you are planning to get a new LG Smart TV during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or maybe even during Christmas, be assured that you will be getting the three free months of Google Stadia Pro to play on your TV.
Related to LG: