Two months back, Motorola added a new Edge series phone to its portfolio. The company unveiled Motorola Edge (2022) joining the flagship model – Motorola Edge+ (2022). Just like the previous generation Edge series phones, the 2022 duo features a 50MP triple-lens camera module on the back. Aside from the hardware, the new Motorola phones come with feature-packed software too and the new Motorola Edge phones are no different, the new models come with Camera2 API support out-of-the-box, which means you can install GCam mod port. Here you can download Google Camera for Motorola Edge (2022).
Google Camera for Motorola Edge (2022) & Edge+ (2022)
Motorola’s new Edge+ (2022) dawns a 50MP OmniVision OV50A40 primary sensor, a 50MP Samsung JN1 ultra-wide-angle sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor on its back panel. In terms of software, then the stock camera app UI on the Motorola Edge series phones is the typical Motorola camera app seen in many recent Edge phones. It offers a number of useful features such as Night Vision, Cinemagraph, Pro Mode, Ultra-Res (for 50MP shots), and a few more features. There’s no doubt, it captures nice and detailed images, but in case you’re looking for a good camera app alternative, then you can give a try to the Google Camera app.
Google Camera 8.6 is the newest version available on the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro phones, developers have already ported the latest port for many compatible phones and you’ll be glad to know that it works with the Motorola Edge (2022) and Edge+ (2022). Talking about the features, then the Google Camera app offers features such as Night Sight, Astrophotography mode, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground, RAW support, Google Lens, and more. Now let’s take a look at how to download and install Google Camera on Motorola Edge (2022) and Motorola Edge+ (2022).
Download Google Camera for Motorola Edge & Edge+ (2022)
Like previously launched Motorola Edge series phones, the 2022 Edge and Edge+ come with Camera2 API support out of the box, which means you can install the GCam mod port without messing with the rooting tutorial. The latest GCam mod by BSG, GCam 8.6, Nikita’s GCam 8.2, and Wichaya’s GCam 7.3 ports are compatible with the Moto Edge (2022) and Moto Edge+ (2022). Here’s the download link of the app.
- Download GCam 8.6 for Motorola Edge 2022 series [MGC_8.6.263_A11_V7.apk]
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for Moto Edge 2022 series (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1.apk)
- Download Google Camera for Motorola Edge 2022 & Edge+ 2022 [MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1j_MGC.apk]
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
If you want better results, then you can follow the below steps and add configuration file.
- At first, download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now create a new folder with GCam name.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
While for MGC_8.6.263_A11_V7.apk and MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1j_MGC.apk there’s no need to configure many settings, but still, you can play with GCam settings according to your needs for better results.
Once all done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Motorola Edge (2022) or Motorola Edge+ (2022).
You May Also Like – Download Moto Razr 2022 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Best Wallpaper Apps for Android
- Download the latest iPad Pro M2 Wallpapers (2022)
- Google Camera for Motorola Phones [Older models]
- How to Root Android 13 [Detailed Guide]