If you want to download YouTube Videos on your iPhone or iPad for offline playback. Then, you can follow the below-listed steps and save any YouTube video on your iPhone. This can be done with the help of a third-party Siri Shortcut. Although, the official YouTube app also has a feature that allows users to download videos, but you can not open these videos in any other video player app or even you cannot edit these videos. If you want to do so, then you can follow the below steps and store any YouTube video on your smartphone.
As I mentioned earlier, a Siri Shortcut will help you in downloading YouTube videos. There’s a vast collection of Siri Shortcuts available in the Gallery of Shortcuts, and wistfully, this shortcut is not available in the Gallery. Social Media Downloader (aka SMD) is a third-party Siri Shortcut, which can be downloaded manually. You can not create this as a regular Siri Shortcut. If you want to access it, then you need to configure it on your iPhone or iPad manually. Here are the steps.
How to add Social Media Downloader in Shortcuts App on iPhone
For installing Social Media Downloader (SMD) shortcut, you need to allow untrusted shortcuts access from the settings. Here are the steps:
- At first, Go to Settings, scroll down, and tap on Shortcuts.
- Under Shortcuts Settings page, toggle Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.
- Tap on allow in the prompted box.
- Now Enter your device’s passcode, if needed.
- That’s it.
Now you can configure or set up any third-party Siri Shortcut on your iOS device. Now let’s download the Social Media Downloader (SMD) Siri Shortcut and set it to save YouTube videos for offline playback.
- Firstly, download the Social Media Downloader Siri Shortcut on your device from this link.
- Once done, go to the Shortcuts, here in My Shortcuts section, you will find SMD.
- That’s it.
Now you can download the YouTube videos on your device. Here are the steps.
How to save YouTube videos on iPhone using SMD (Offline)
- Open the YouTube app or website on your iPhone / iPad.
- Open the video you want to save offline.
- Now, tap on the share icon.
- Under the in-app share pop up, tap on the three-dots button available at the end of this list.
- In the list of share modules, find SMD 4.0.2, and tap on it.
- Now, the shortcut pops up the available resolutions of the video, select your preferred video resolution.
- Allow the permission, if prompted.
- Now, you’ll get the option to save the video, tap on save.
- Once the video is completely downloaded, It will open in the default media player.
- Here you need to tap on the share button available in the top-right corner.
- Then, tap on Save Video to save it on your device.
- That’s it.
Now the video will be available in the Photos app. Yes, you’ve saved the YouTube video with the help of a Siri Shortcut. You can now trim a scene of video directly from your iPhone or iPad and share it with your friends on social media apps. This is one of the best ways that allows you to download YouTube videos on the iPhone. Not only YouTube, but you can also download videos from different social media platforms (like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more) with the help of Social Media Downloader (aka SMD 4.0.2).
You May Also Like – How to Take a Long Screenshot on iPhone
Do you know any other method for downloading YouTube videos on the iPhone? Then, make sure to share it with us, by leaving a comment in the comment box.
More Related Articles: