One of the most peculiar things about the iPhone is the unavailability of the MicroSD card slot for storage expenditure. You’re not going to receive storage warning if you’ve got a top-of-the-line variant. But if you own a low-end option and receiving a storage warning message on your iPhone, then you can store a slew of big files on Google Drive and save a chunk of storage. Here’s the step by step guide by which you can upload and download files from Google Drive to iPhone.
There are several cloud storage platforms available on the web, but only a few numbers of services gain user’s attention. Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud storage platforms, as it is integrated with Google’s ecosystem. The service allows you to store any type of document or file on the cloud. If you’ve stored a big movie, document, or file on your Google Drive and want to download it on your iPhone or PC / Mac. Then you can check the below-listed process, and within a few taps, you can upload and download files from Google Drive to iPhone.
Before diving into the process, make sure to download the Google Drive app on your iPhone or iPad. Let’s first see how to upload files to Google Drive on the iPhone.
How to Upload Files to Google Drive on iPhone
- Download the Google Drive app on your iPhone.
- Now, login to the app.
- Now tap on the Add (+) button.
- Then, tap on the upload button.
- Now choose the file (including photos, videos, music, or any document) you want to store on Google Drive.
- It will take some time to upload the file on Drive.
- That’s it.
How to Download Files from Google Drive to iPhone
- Open the Google Drive app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the file that you want to save (or Download) on your iPhone or iPad. You can find the file by searching into the app itself.
- Tap on the file, you want to save.
- Now tap on more.
- Then, click on Send a copy option.
- Now tap on Save Image or Save Video, depending on the type of file.
- That’s it.
Google Drive will require access to permission from the Photos app. In case, you haven’t given permission, then you can allow access by going to the Settings > Privacy > Photos > enable Google Drive option.
Yes, the process of downloading the file from Google Drive is entirely different from an Android device. But, only a few taps will allow you to upload or download files from Google Drive to iPhone or iPad. In case you want to access the file in offline mode directly within the app, then you need to tap on the More button and then Available offline option. It will save the file to the cache memory, which can be accessed anytime from the Google Drive app.
You May Also Like – How to Take a Long Screenshot on iPhone
If you’ve any queries, then drop a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 11 & iPhone 11 Pro [Step by Step Guide]
- How to Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone
- Best Abstract Wallpapers for iPhone 11 Pro (Max)