There are a lot of people out there who play games on gaming consoles just like the Xbox ones. Of course, you get all the benefits from owning an Xbox such as the added benefit of playing your games at a higher resolution and playing them at 120 FPS. While all of this is great for gamers, there was one special feature that was always missing for Xbox, the Discord app.
Finally, after many years, Xbox owners will now be able to use Discord on their Xbox console without using any third-party apps. So, let’s see how to get Discord on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Discord is a very popular platform that is used by gamers around the world to send text and audio, join different communities, and voice chat, whether in-game or simply hanging out with their friends virtually. Given that Discord is available on PC, Android, and iOS, it has finally made its way to the Xbox. So let’s take a look at how to install Discord on Xbox.
How to Get Discord on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
It sure is good news for all the Xbox fans out there that they can finally get access to Discord right away. However, there are a few things that you will need to keep in mind such as:
- The app is available to Xbox users who are Xbox Insiders either in the Alpha ring or the Alpha Skip Ahead ring
- As of now, you can only make use of Voice Chats on Discord via your Xbox console
- The Discord app will be made available to all users in the coming months
Join the Xbox Insider Program
As it’s known, you need to be on the insider build on your Xbox to get access to the discord voice chat. So, if you’re someone that’s not part of the Xbox Insider builds, you can easily be an Insider by simply following these steps.
- Power on your Xbox console and ensure your console is connected to the internet.
- Now, launch the Store app from your home screen.
- Select Search and type in Insider.
- From the search results, spot the Xbox Insider Bundle app.
- Select the Get or Install button to download the app to your Xbox.
- Once the app has been downloaded, launch it.
- Head over to Previews and then select the Insider ring that you wish to join.
- To get the Discord app, you will have to join either the Alpha or Alpha Skip ahead rings.
- In a few minutes, an update will be available for your Xbox. Simply download and install the update to join the Xbox Insider.
Use Discord on Xbox
Now that you are on the Insider builds on your Xbox, it is now time to see the steps that you need to follow to get and use the Discord app right away. Here is how you do it.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller while on the home screen.
- The Xbox Menu should slide in from the left side.
- Now, navigate over to Parties and Chats and scroll down to where it says Try Discord Voice on Xbox today.
- It will display a QR code. You can scan the QR code using the Discord app on your Android or iOS device.
- You have now logged into Discord on your Xbox console now.
Join a Channel
Because the Discord app on Xbox only lets you access voice chats now, you will not be able to make use of the other features that are normally present on Discord on your Xbox. So, if you wish to join a channel, you need to follow these steps. But, before that, you need to have the Xbox app installed on your Android and iOS device and connect your console to it. Once you’ve done that, the below steps will guide you to join a channel.
- Launch the Discord app on your mobile device and join a channel.
- Once you are in the channel, swipe up from the bottom to bring up a menu.
- Tap on the button that says Join on Xbox. It will now launch the Xbox app on your mobile device.
- Next, it will ask if you want to transfer audio to your Xbox. Tap on Transfer.
- The voice chat for the channel or server will now be displayed right away on your Xbox.
- You can now make use of the Discord Voice Chat using your Xbox console.
And this concludes the guide on how to get Discord on an Xbox console. This method will work for your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and the Xbox Series S. Sure, there are a ton of features missing for Discord on Xbox, but we can hope to see more features being added in the coming months while it eventually rolls out to all users of the above mentioned Xbox consoles. If you have doubts, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Discord and Xbox Guides: