Discord. A platform that’s very popular amongst gamers and now even other people alike. It’s a great platform for people who share similar interests to join and interact with each other whether through texts, audio, or video. While it’s a great platform with a huge number of active followers, it however lacks one particular aspect- themes. The official Discord client on PC has only two modes: a light mode and a dark mode. But what if you wanted to make use of themes? Thankfully, there’s a third-party app that’s got you covered. Let’s take a look at how to install Discord themes.
BetterDiscord is a third-party app that aims to bring in a better Discord experience to users by letting users install different kinds of themes and also make use of various plugins. Now, Discord focuses on how well the application performs and how many features it can add to make it more beneficial to users. Since the application is available on many platforms, they probably decided to leave out the themes section altogether. However, BetterDisocrd has got your back if you plan to visually customize your Discord application. So, if you are looking out to install themes to your Discord application, this is the guide for you.
How to Install Themes on Discord
Before we dig into how we can install themes to Discord, you need to understand that BetterDiscord is a third-party application and has no connection to the original devs of Discord. So, in case anything gets messed up, you are solely responsible for the issue.
Download the BetterDiscord Application
- First, head over to the BetterDiscord website and click on the big blue download button.
- The latest available version of BetterDiscord will available for download.
- The file size of the app will weigh around 64MB.
Install the BetterDiscord Application
- With the application downloaded, it’s time to set up and install it on your PC.
- Locate the file that you downloaded and run it.
- You will be asked to accept the license agreement for the application. Select the checkbox and click on Next.
- Now it will display a few options. Choose Install BetterDiscord.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to pick the type of Discord application you have installed.
- Depending on what version has been installed, the address path of the application will be displayed.
- Simply select the one that you have on your PC.
- The download process will begin followed by the installation process.
- Once the installation has been completed you can close the setup window.
Install Themes from BetterDiscord Application
- Launch the Discord application. You should be greeted by the BetterDiscord popup that will show any new changes that have been made in the update.
- Now, click on the Settings icon next to your name at the bottom left.
- The Settings screen will now show up.
- All you need to do is scroll the left pane down till you see the BetterDiscord header.
- Now, you will see a few new Settings menus such as CSS, Plugins, Themes, etc.
- To download themes, you will have to head over to the Themes page of BetterDiscord.
- From the webpage, you will be able to browse various themes that can be downloaded for free.
- Simply select the theme that you like and click on the Download button.
- Now, all you need to do is open up the Themes settings on your Discord application.
- Because you do not have any themes installed, you will see an option that says Open Themes Folder.
- Open the folder and place the theme that you just downloaded into this folder.
- Once the theme file has been placed into its respective folder, you will be able to see the theme in Discord.
- Simply select it and switch the toggle to On.
- The theme will be instantly applied to your Discord application.
- To uninstall or delete the theme, simply click on the red trashcan icon, and it will be deleted right away.
And this is how you can easily add and install new themes to your Discord application. Now, this is an excellent way to get your Discord app visually appealing and pleasing to look at. Unfortunately, there isn’t any app that you can use to customize the mobile versions of Discord. What do you think about applying themes to Discord? Do you fancy it or like to just leave it in its stock form? Lets us know your thoughts about it in the comments section below.
More Related Articles: