With Counter-Strike 2 going official on Steam, players are back to playing CS2 in absolutely large numbers. When we talk about the differences between CS: GO and CS 2, the differences are quite few. However, one thing that has fairly stayed with almost every Counter-Strike game in existence is the Console screen. If you’re a veteran Counter Strike player, you will know that the console screen is a pretty useful section that lets you enter commands for your game.
If Valve had taken away the console command screen, there would have been an absolute uproar by the Counter-Strike community. Since that is not the case and it all stays the same, let’s take a look at the best console commands that you need to use to better up your Counter Strike 2 game.
Counter-Strike 2 Console Commands
With everyone back to playing Counter-Strike 2 and even new players joining in the Counter-Strike frenzy, knowing what console commands to make use of is very important. But, before going into knowing the best console commands for CS2, Let’s take a look at how you can enable the console command screen in Counter-Strike 2.
How To Enable Console Screen In Counter-Strike 2?
If you are a veteran CS: GO player, you already know how to enable the Console screen but if you are new or have simply forgotten how to bring up the Console screen, here are the steps for you.
Step 1: First off, launch the Counter-Strike 2 game on your PC.
Step 2: Now, head over to the game Settings page. Click on the Game tab.
Step 3: In the settings page, you will see an option that says Enable Developer Console.
Step 4: Make sure to choose the Yes option from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Once you have enabled the option in your game, you simply need to press the ~ key on your keyboard.
And this is how you can enable and use the Console command screen in Counter-Strike 2. Now, let’s take a look at the commands that you can use to get the best experience and improvements in your Counter-Strike 2 game.
Best Console Commands To Use In Counter-Strike 2
- cl_showfps 1/2/3/4/5 – if you would like to see the FPS counter be displayed within Counter-Strike 2, you can use the cl_showfps 1. You can swap the number 1 for any of the other mentioned numbers to display additional information along with the FPS counter.
- fps_max 0 – If you would like to enjoy your gameplay without any FPS limitation, this is the command for you. Additionally, you can replace 0 with any other number to set the FPS you would want the game to run at.
- cq_ntgraph 1 – Want to see the latency of your network with regard to the game? The cq_netgraph 1 command is what you need to enter in the console command screen.
- voice_scale 0.5 – Don’t you hate it when your teammate is too loud and refuses to tone themselves down? With the Voice scale command, you can easily adjust their volume by using any value between 0 and 1.
- bind [your key] [your action] – nothing too fancy with this code. This bind command lets you change the key for the action that you want to set.
- disconnect – Does what the command says. It disconnects you from the match server instantly.
- quit – Again, it does what you type. The Quit command will directly close your CS2 game and bring the desktop screen to you right away.
- -novod – when you use this command in the console, the game will no longer play the game launch video. This helps to launch the game quickly.
- -high – Want to ensure that your PC gives its maximum priority to your CS 2 game? Use the – high command and experience the difference.
- bot-add – simply add bots to the server you are playing on.
- bot_kick – removes all the bots from your server.
- bot_place – add a bot to a location on the map specified by you
- bot_stop 1 – freezes all the bots in the server.
- bot_stop 0 – makes the bots move again on your server.
- kill – If you are stuck or glitched in the game, you can use this command to kill your character and respawn in the map.
- god – you can use this command in practice matches or local server games. This command enables the God Mode feature which ensures that your character does not take any damage when being shot at by the enemies.
- mp_roundtime 60 – This sets the complete round time for the match to 60 minutes. Perfect for practice servers in the game.
- mp_restartgame 1 – using this command, you can simply restart the match you are playing right away.
- sv_infinite_ammo 1 – When practicing, you can use this command to simply have unlimited ammo for those long sessions.
- changelevel [enter map code] – when you want to instantly switch to another map during your practice session.
This concludes everything you need to know about how to bring up console command screen in Counter-Strike 2, as well as the best CS2 commands that you can use in-game as well as during your practice sessions in Counter-Strike 2. If you know of commands that you use on a regular basis, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.