Counter-strike, as we all know, is everyone’s favorite shooter game. While you can always have a good time playing the game with your friends, did you also know that Counter-Strike is a very competitive game? Yes, Counter-Strike has been a game in a large number of eSports events that take place around the world. If you love such competitions or play multiplayer matches you will always want to ensure that your game’s settings are the best for better FPS.
Now that the new version, Counter Strike 2 is available, you want the same in this game as well. Every gamer wants to play the game in high FPS. It is important for a smooth gameplay experience in a competitive game like Counter-Strike 2.
Best CS2 Settings For Maximum FPS
In Counter-Strike 2, there are numerous settings that you can adjust to get the best and maximum FPS in the game on your PC. You can change the video settings, advanced video settings as well as the game settings.
Note: To enjoy the best FPS your system’s display must also support high refresh rate. For example if you have a 60Hz display and getting more than 60FPS then it will not be of any use. So keep the settings to a level that gives consistent FPS equal to your screen refresh rate.
Best Video Settings For Counter Strike 2
Here is a list of the video settings that you will need to set to get the best in terms of aspect ratio, resolution, and a few other things out there.
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10 or 16:9 (based on your display)
- Brightness Percentage: 100 – 110%
- Color Mode: Computer Monitor
- Display Mode: Fullscreen Window
- Laptop Power Savings: Disabled
- Main menu background scenery– Theme that you like
- Refresh Rate: Maximum as per your display
- Resolution: 1920×1080
The resolution and aspect ratio selection can also depend on your system. Choose the aspect ratio that let you play game in full screen and keep the resolution which gives better FPS. If you are getting same performance for FHD and QHD resolution then you can also keep the QHD resolution.
Best Additional Video Settings For Counter Strike 2
Counter-Strike 2 also has additional video settings that you need to adjust to get the best graphical experience from the game. Here are the settings that you can change to get the best out of Counter-Strike 2.
- Ambient Occlusion: High
- Boost Player Contrast: Enabled
- Current Video Values Preset: Custom
- Fidelity Super Resolution: Disabled
- Global Shadow Quality: High
- High Dynamic Range: Performance
- Model/Texture Detail: Medium
- Multisampling Anti-Aliasing Mode: 4X MSAA (set to none for more fps)
- NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency: Enabled or Boost
- Particle Detail: Low
- Shader Detail: Low
- Wait for Vertical Sync: Disabled
Game Settings For Counter-Strike 2
Here are some additional settings that you can adjust. These are settings related to the various items being displayed on your screen when in a match.
- Clean Player Names (your choice)
- Hide Avatar Images: (your choice)
- Mute All but Friends: No
- Mute Enemy Team: No
- Player Pings: Display and sound
- Community Notification location: Top right
- Enable Developer Console (~): Yes
- Install Counter-Strike Workshop Tools: No
- Max Acceptable Game Traffic Bandwidth: Unrestricted
- Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping: 100
- HUD Color: Preference
- HUD Scale: 0.90
- Always Show Inventory: Yes
- Auto re-zoom sniper rifle after shot: No
- Buy Menu Donation Key: Left Control
- Buy Menu Number Keys: Number Keys Buy Items
- Delay Sniper Rifle Gun-scope after Shot: No
- Detach Silencer on M4A1-s and USP-S: Disabled
- Open Buy Menu with Use Key: Yes
- Quick Graffiti: Yes
- Radar Centers The Player: Yes
- Radar HUD Size: 1
- Radar is Rotating: Yes
- Radar Map Zoom: 0.60
- Toggle Shape with Scoreboard: Yes
- Friends Lobby Default Permissions: Friends need invites
- Looking to Play When Counter-Strike Starts: Remember the last state
- Show Team Positions in HUD: Show location and equipment
- Show Teammate Colors in Competitive: Show colors
- Use Teammate Colors on ID: No
You made it to the end of the best settings that you need to make use of in Counter-Strike 2 in order to play it in high FPS. It needs to be made known that these settings can vary from person to person, so, go ahead, and choose the settings and adjustments that you deem are perfect for you to enjoy Counter-Strike 2.