All updates to this story are being added to the bottom.
This News story was originally published on 22nd August:
Every smartphone OEM is working painstakingly on pushing the newest Android 11 to its smartphones. Now, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer, Asus, has begun testing Android 11 Beta on its last year’s ZenFone 6 aka ZenFone 6Z smartphone. This build bring features of Android 11 on your smartphone alongside the monthly security patch. Here you can check all about the Asus ZenFone 6Z Android 11 Beta Update.
While everyone is waiting for the launch of the upcoming ZenFone 7 lineup, which is scheduled for August 26. Asus surprises the ZenFone 6 (6Z) users by started recruiting Android 11 beta testers. ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL) users can enroll in the program from August 21 to September 4. This build doesn’t support Google Pay and other financial apps along with Netflix. We don’t recommend installing the beta build on your daily driver.
Talking about the features, then the Asus ZenFone 6 Android 11 Beta Update brings a new power menu, notifications bubble, resize PiP videos sport, new icon shapes, enhanced security, and much more. Simply put, it has all the essential features that we’ve seen in the Android 11. Here’s how you can get Android 11 Beta update on your ZenFone 6.
Asus ZenFone 6 (6Z) Android 11 Beta
The Android 11 Beta is now available for enrollment on the ZenFone 6. If you’re interested in participating in the beta testing program, then make sure that your ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL) is running on 17.1810.2008.171 software version. You can grab this build from the below link, will also attach the Android 11 Beta OTA link, once available. Before enrolling in the Android 11 Beta program, make sure that the bootloader is locked on your device.
- Download Asus ZenFone 6 Android 11 Beta (17.1810.2008.171)
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Asus ZenFone 6 to the latest version
- First, download the update package if not downloaded.
- Copy the FOTA file to the root directory of phone storage (outside of every folder).
- Once done, turn off your smartphone.
- After reboot, your phone will automatically detect the update file.
- Click on the notification and then select update now.
- It will now extract the package and update your smartphone.
- Wait for the completion.
- Once done, reboot your smartphone.
Now head over to the system updates again and click on “Enroll in the Beta Test Program” to get Android 11 beta update. That’s it.
Asus ZenFone 6 Android 11 First Beta (16th September)
Asus has started rolling the first beta of Android 11 on ZenFone 6 (6Z) with 18.0610.2009.37 version number, instead of the afore-mentioned 17.1810.2008.171. Here’s the complete changelog.
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you want to downgrade the device’s software version to Android 10 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11.
- Remove private listening and ZenUI Help
- Integrated PowerMaster features into battery settings. Removed Avast scanning engine
- Removed smart group, Icon alignment and Icon packs functions. Allowed to organize app icons cross screens after tapping empty area.
- Introduced new ZenUI design
- Support to keep Bluetooth connection when airplane mode is activated
- Added Notification history and Bubbles settings
- Support navigation gesture for 3rd-party Launcher
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Asus ZenFone 6Z
If you’ve any queries regarding the update, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article on social media.
More Related Articles: