Apple has been testing iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 for over a month. And finally, after four beta updates, the final iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 are available to the public. As you already know Apple is all set for the WWDC event which means soon we can expect iOS 16 to arrive in the dev testing program. iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 are here a week earlier than we expected.
Earlier this month when Apple released the fourth beta, another beta was expected next week. But Apple surprised users with the release candidate build. And now the update finally reached the public. iOS 15.5 brings some good and valuable features. It’s not a big update like iOS 15.4 but still, you can expect some great features.
Along with iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5, Apple also released Studio Display 15.5, macOS Monterey 12.4, macOS Big Sur 11.6.6, HomePod 15.5, tvOS 15.5, and watchOS 8.6. Both the iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 come with the build number 19F77 which is the same as the release candidate. You can expect the update to weigh around 600MB depending on the device.
Both iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 come with some new features and some codes that give us what to expect in the next few updates. Below you can check the official changelog.
iOS 15.5 Changelog
iOS 15.5 includes enhancements to Apple Cash card, Apple Podcasts, and other features and bug fixes.
iOS 15.5 includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Communication safety setting for Messages gives parents the ability to enable warnings for children when they receive or attempt to send photos that contain nudity
- Wallet now enables Apple Cash customers to send and request money from their Apple Cash card
- Safety warnings in Messages contain helpful resources for children when they receive photos that contain nudity
- Apple Podcasts includes a new setting to limit episodes stored on your iPhone and automatically delete older ones
- Fixes an issue where home automations, triggered by people arriving or leaving, may fail
iPadOS 15.5 Changelog
iPadOS 15.5 includes enhancements to Apple Podcasts and other features and bug fixes.
iPadOS 15.5 includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Apple Podcasts includes a new setting to limit episodes stored on your iPad and automatically delete older ones
Both iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 are available to the public which means anyone with eligible iPhones and iPads will receive the update. If you are already on the release candidate build then you will not receive the update and are also not required as it is the same update. You can also check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
And if you do want to switch to the Public build and don’t want to receive the beta updates on your iPhone or iPad then you need to remove the beta profile from your device. And once an update is available, install it and you are good to go.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.