watchOS 8.6 update is now available for Apple Watch. Yes, Apple has just released the watchOS 8.6 to the public. The latest incremental upgrade brings Support for the ECG app and irregular heart rhythm notifications in Mexico, minimal changes to the Apple Pay and Messages alongside the other enhancements. Read along to know more about the watchOS 8.6 update.
Apple is sowing the watchOS 8.6 to the eligible models with a 19T572 build number. The new software weighs around 231MB in download size. The newest build is available for all Apple Watch models running watchOS 8 iteration. As this is rolling out to the public, anyone can download it and access the new features. Apart from the watchOS 8.6, Apple kicks off iOS 15.5, iPadOS 15.5, tvOS 15.5, and macOS 12.4.
Moving to the changes, then the changelog of watchOS 8.6 reveals that the update brings ECG app support for Apple Watch Series 4 or later and Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Mexico. Here’s the complete changelog.
- watchOS 8.6 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Mexico
- Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in Mexico
- For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/HT201222
Apart from the changelog, then you can also expect these small changes in the watchOS 8.6 – a new name for Physical Apple Card – now known as Titanium card, Apple Cash option in Messages app instead of Apple Pay, and a few other minor changes. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can upgrade your Apple Watch to watchOS 8.6.
Install watchOS 8.6 update on Apple Watch
As I said earlier, make sure to update your iPhone to iOS 15.5, once your iPhone is running on the latest software, you can update your Apple Watch to the watchOS 8.6. Here are the steps you can follow to update your Apple Watch to the new version.
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Pixel 6a Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: