Apple finally released iOS 15.5 Release Candidate and iPadOS 15.5 Release Candidate. Earlier during the release of iOS 15.5 beta 4, we were expecting another beta this week because of the build number in beta 4 that ends with ‘B’. But later in the same week, several experts revealed that RC could be the next update. And it is true, iOS 15.5 RC and iPadOS 15.5 RC are out.
The WWDC 22 is approaching soon in which we can expect the release of the first iOS 16 developer beta. And so it is expected that iOS 15.5 will be released to the public a week before the event takes place. So it is either coming next week for which the chances are high or we can expect the public build in the last week of this month.
Along with iOS 15.5 RC and iPadOS 15.5 RC, Apple also released macOS Monterey 12.4 Release Candidate, tvOS 15.5 Release Candidate, and watchOS 8.6 Release Candidate. Both iOS 15.5 Release Candidate and iPadOS 15.5 Release Candidate come with build number 19F77. If Apple doesn’t release any other iOS 15.5 RC after this then we can expect the same build number on iOS 15.5 public build.
iOS 15.5 RC Changelog
Coming to changes and features it will have all features on iOS 15.5 Beta to iOS 15.5 Beta 4. These features will come along with bug fixes. Other than features that are already available in previous beta updates, the RC comes with the following bug fixes:
- Wallet now enables Apple Cash customers to send and request money from their Apple Cash card
- Apple Podcasts includes a new setting to limit episodes stored on your iPhone and automatically delete older ones
- Fixes an issue where home automations, triggered by people arriving or leaving, may fail
iOS 15.5 Release Candidate and iPadOS 15.5 Release Candidate are now available to both developers and public beta testers. So anyone who is using the iOS 15.5 beta or installed beta profile on their device will get iOS 15.5 RC OTA update. And as the RC build is the same as the public build that will release next week, beta users will not get the public build.
Users who are on the stable iOS 15.4.1 or older build will have to install beta profile to get beta and RC updates. But at this point we don’t recommend it as the Public build is expected to arrive as early as next week. So I guess you all can wait for stable performance. But still, in case you want to try this and the upcoming beta then checks out the following steps.
How to get iOS 15.5 RC & iPadOS 15.5 RC
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.5 RC on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.5 RC on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.5 RC with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.