Last month, Apple initially started testing the iOS 15.5 on the iPhone alongside the iPadOS 15.5 on the iPad. Today, Apple seeds the fourth beta of iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 to developers. The new beta comes one week after the third beta. iOS 15.5 is probably the last upgrade of the iOS 15 iteration, but it still bags some notable changes. Here’s everything you need to know about iOS 15.5 beta 4 update.
Apple kicks off the new beta with the 19F5070b firmware version. It is a minor incremental patch, measuring around 516MB in size, compared to the last week’s 647MB build (It will vary by model). This change also indicates that we’re very close to the public release. Apple has already announced the date of WWDC 22. This means Apple will start testing the iOS 16 soon and so iOS 15.5 could be the last major update of iOS 15.
If you’re a developer you can freely upgrade your iPhone or iPad to iOS 15.5 or iPadOS 15.5 beta 4. The upgrade is available for all iPhones and iPads running iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. Both the update are now live for public beta users as well.
Moving to the features, then, the previously released iOS 15.5 beta builds indicate New Request and Send buttons for Apple Cash in the Wallet app, Apple Cash button in the Messages app instead of Apple Pay, a new name for Physical Card – now known as Titanium Card, New WiFi signal bar icons in the Home app for HomePod connectivity, you can get critical alerts from the Home app by granting notification permission, might also rebrand iTunes Pass to Apple Account Card in Apple Wallet, along with more stability across the system.
For iPadOS 15.5, if you’re using the Universal Control feature, then you can only access it once all devices are running on the newest beta. All the afore-listed changes are the ones we’ve seen in the previous beta builds of iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5.
The latest beta build includes mentioned changes:
- Tap to pay icons have been revised in the code (It is an upcoming feature)
- Universal Control is to be out of beta soon as per the recent changes in code (iPadOS 15.5 Beta 4)
- Apple Pencil is now working even with the Magic Keyboard attached to iPad (It was not working in the last beta)
- Mail notifications issue has been resolved as well
- There is also a fix in iPhone Storage settings
At the time of writing, we did not find any new features yet on this build. But once we find it, we will share it here. If you have found new changes and features, let us know of them in the comment section.
The new beta updates are live for the developers and public beta testers.
But soon it will be available to public beta testers as well. If you have installed the beta profile or using the first beta then you will get the OTA update on your phone. If you are on a public stable build and want to test beta 4, then you need to install a beta profile.
How to get iOS 15.5 Beta 4 & iPadOS 15.5 Beta 4
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.5 Beta 4 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.5 Beta 4 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.5 Beta 4 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.