Android 14 developer preview is now available for many high-end devices, the list includes, OnePlus 11, Nothing Phone 1, Vivo X90 Pro, Xiaomi 12T, Xiaomi 13 (Pro), iQOO 11, Realme GT 2 Pro, and some others. Lenovo also opens the Android 14 beta program for Lenovo Tab Extreme. You can take part in the program to access the new features and changes, read along to know more.
Lenovo shares the details of the Android 14 beta program for the Tab Extreme with model number TB570FU. Yes, the beta access is limited to this particular model. The company said the first beta is not suitable for general use, developers can test it out for free by sideloading the beta on their Lenovo Tab Extreme.
Here’s the list of known issues in the first beta.
- Face Unlock is not supported
- TOF sensor related function is removed
- Stylus key function is not supported but basic function works
- Touchpad functions with two fingers are not supported
- Touchpad swipe up/down/left/right with 3 or 4 fingers are not supported
- Miracast function is not supported
- Screen output via cable (extended screen) can be supported when is turned on in developer menu
- VPN is not tested and may not work properly
- WIDI is not supported
- Video play may face audio issue
- Settings may display abnormal sometimes, re-selecting or cleaning recent apps can make it work properly
- One Vision is not supported
Talking about features, then Android 14 comes with a number of new features including new smart scaling, better battery life, restrict access for photos and videos, satellite connectivity, app cloning, predictive back gestures, security enhancements, and much more. The first beta is based on April 2023 monthly security patch.
If you own the Lenovo Tab Extreme and want to install the first beta of Android 14 on your tablet, then you can head over to Lenovo’s website to download the install package and check the installation process.
You may lose the data in the installation process so, make sure to take a backup of important data before sideloading the beta on your tablet.
You can extract and install the linked firmware on your Tablet to enjoy Android 14 before the official release. But how to install it? All you have to do is download the SW flashing packages and follow the instructions given in the package. The package includes a flashing tool, drivers, and step by step guide.