After the announcement of the Android 14 second beta, many smartphone OEMs started testing the next version of Android on their high-end phones. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Vivo, announced the Android 14 developer preview for its Vivo X90 Pro smartphone.
Vivo has officially shared the developer preview program details on its website. As per the details, any Vivo X90 Pro owner can participate in the Android 14 beta testing program. The company says we are releasing the first beta of Android 14, and the incremental updates will be released throughout the summer. And the stable will be released later when Android 14 is officially released.
You can manually update your Vivo smartphone to the Android 14 beta by sideloading the download package shared by OEM. Obviously, you need to take a backup of important data as there’s a chance of losing data during the manual sideloading process.
I don’t recommend installing the developer preview build on a daily driver aka primary device. You may encounter some issues on the beta, here’s the list of known issues shared by Vivo.
- Camera: Click the shutter to take pictures without sound.
- Camera: Switch Professional Mode Flashback.
- Camera: Switch to dual exposure mode to take pictures-Stuck and flash back.
- Camera: No pictures in the album after moving photos/HD documents are taken.
- Fingerprint recognition: After completing the pattern unlock setup, when entering Settings–Security–Fingerprint, it is impossible to record fingerprints and the app crashes.
- Settings: Enter settings, display and brightness, adjust brightness, and the screen brightness does not change.
- Bluetooth: After connecting Bluetooth earphones, there is no sound when playing music through them.
- S-capture: After starting screen recording on the mobile phone and ending the recording, the screen flashes continuously, and the device cannot be operated.
- Gesture navigation is not available.
- Factory reset can’t erase user data from your phone’s internal storage.
Talking about the features and changes, then Android 14 comes with a number of new features including smart scaling, better battery life, restrict access for photos and videos, satellite connectivity, app cloning, predictive back gestures, security enhancements, and much more.
If you own the Vivo X90 Pro and want to try out the new features of Android 14, then you can download the Android 14 beta package using the below link, shared officially by Vivo.
Make sure to take a backup before installing the developer beta on your smartphone.
- Download Vivo X90 Pro Android 14 Beta – Link
You can check out the installation instructions as well as other details on Vivo’s website.
- Android 14 second beta addresses a big list of issues on Pixel phones
- Download Vivo X Fold 2 Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Vivo X Flip Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Xiaomi 13 Ultra Stock Wallpapers [QHD+]
- Android 14 beta is now available for Nothing Phone 1
- Android 14 Beta Program for OnePlus 11 announced (Download and Install)