Last month Google released the last Android 13 beta for Pixel phones. And that means we can expect stable Android 13 soon as early as this month. And taking this opportunity, Oppo is the first brand to bring the first custom OS beta based on Android 13. We knew that OEMs would start announcing their own Android 13 based custom OS. But Oppo brings ColorOS 13 Beta earlier than expected. Android 13 based ColorOS 13 beta program has gone live for Oppo Find X5 and Find X5 Pro.
The previous Android 13 Developer Preview for Find X5 Pro and Find X5 was not based on ColorOS 13. But now with the beta announcement, Find X5 Pro and Find X5 users can apply for the ColorOS 13 beta program to test out the new ColorOS 13 features and changes. As expected, the Oppo Find X5 is the first series to receive ColorOS 13 beta.
Android 13 based ColorOS 13 Beta for Find X5 Pro and Find X5
Oppo announced the first batch of Android 13 based ColorOS 13 beta for the Oppo Find X5 Series in select regions. You can see the list of countries below.
Other regions are expected to join in upcoming batches.
Since this is the first beta build of ColorOS 13, seats are limited. The quota for ColorOS 13 beta for the Find X5 series is 1000. Therefore, only the first 1000 users to apply will get their hands on Android 13 based ColorOS 13 first. And only users from the listed regions will be able to apply for ColorOS 13 beta.
Also, there is a time limit as well. The Application to apply for ColorOS 13 will be live till August 4.
If you are an Oppo Find X5 Pro or Oppo Find X5 user in mentioned regions then you can apply for the Android 13 based ColorOS 13 beta program by the end of August 4. But before you apply for the beta, you must first check the known issues and apps that will not work in the very first ColorOS 13 beta.
- Application icon display malfunction in some scenarios
- Notification is failed to be cleared in the notification bar
- NFC malfunction is some scenarios
- Automatic screen brightness adjustment is not sensitive
- Failed to add photo to the Photos widgets on desktop
- No promt message when clear tasks on the background task manager
- 3rd theme is not compatible
- Display malfunction after sending messages with WhatsAPP
Check the list of Apps not working in the first ColorOS 13 beta by heading here.
How to Apply:
To Apply for Android 13 based ColorOS 13 beta on Find X5 Pro or Find X5, you must update your phone to A.20/A.21 (for Find X5 Pro) and A.18 (for Find X5). Once you have done that, you can proceed further.
- Open the Settings app on your Oppo Find X5 Series phone.
- Now go to About Device and tap on the top section of the page.
- Tap the icon on the top right corner > Trial version. Now fill in all the required information.
- At last tap on Apply Now.
If your application is selected, you will receive the OTA update on your device within three days. If your application is not selected or the quota is full then you will need to apply in the second batch.
Make sure to take a full backup before updating your Oppo Find X5 Pro or Find X5 to ColoOS 13 Beta. Also, charge your device to at least 50% before updating it.