In June 2020, Xiaomi’s entry-level Redmi 7A received the Android 10 update. Obviously, it’s based on the MIUI 11. Since then, the users are waiting for the company’s newer MIUI 12 skin. Now the news comes out that Redmi has started pushing MIUI 12 update to the Redmi 7A. The update brings a number of UI changes along with improved security. Here’s everything you need to know about Redmi 7A MIUI 12 Update.
MIUI 12 stable build goes live in India and seeding over-the-air with MIUI 18.104.22.168.QCMINXM build number. The OTA measures around 547MB of size to download. As for now, the update is live in India, it will be available to other regions in coming days. Some users are reportedly receiving the latest build, here’s a screenshot shared by TechnoAnkit1 twitter user. For now, Xiaomi has not shared any word officially about the MIUI 12 roll out for Redmi 7A.
Redmi 7A MIUI 12 Update bags a number of new features. The newer skin features a revamped dark mode, new animations, new wallpapers, intuitive UI, customizations, improved security and privacy, overhauled control center, and much more. The newer patch is based on Android 10 OS and also brings the latest monthly security patch. Here you can check the complete changelog of Redmi 7A update.
Redmi 7A MIUI 12 Update Changelog
- Optimization: Full-screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in dark mode
Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
Redmi 7A MIUI 12 Update [India] (OTA Download Link)
Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 12 update for Redmi 7A, and a number of users had already reportedly receiving the OTA. Although, the process might take some time to roll it out for every user. If you want to get access before arriving the OTA, then you can manually update your Redmi 7A to MIUI 12 by downloading the OTA from below link.
It’s an easy way by which you can sideload the update to your device. Before diving in to the steps, make sure to take a backup of important data and also take care that your smartphone is charged to at least 30%. Here you can grab the OTA link.
- Download MIUI 12 Update for Redmi 7A (OTA Zip Link)
- Download MIUI 12 Update for Redmi 7A (Recovery ROM Link)
Make sure your Redmi 7A is running on V22.214.171.124.QCMINXM to update via OTA zip. If your device is running on this version, then you can head over to the Settings > System Update > Local Upgrade option > select OTA zip.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi 7A before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Redmi Note 9T 5G Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: