Back in September 2020, Xiaomi pushed the Android 10 to the Redmi 8A Dual. And last month, the company kicked-off the MIUI 12 stable for the vanilla Redmi 8A. If you’re using the Redmi 8A Dual and waiting for the MIUI 12 update, then here’s a good piece of news for you. Yes, Xiaomi has started pushing MIUI 12 update for Redmi 8A Dual in India. The latest build is rolling over-the-air. Here’s everything you need to know about Redmi 8A Dual MIUI 12 Update.
Xiaomi pushes the newer build on the Redmi 8A Dual with V184.108.40.206.QCQINXM build number with a size of 487MB to download. The latest OTA knocks up the budget centric Redmi 8A Dual with January 2021 monthly security patch alongside the MIUI 12 custom skin. Some users are reportedly receiving the latest build, here’s a screenshot shared by TechnoAnkit1 twitter user. Although, Xiaomi has not shared any word officially about the MIUI 12 roll out for Redmi 8A Dual.
As expected, the latest MIUI 12 update comes with a list of new features including intuitive UI, new animations, intuitive UI, customizations, and also with the MIUI 12 Wallpapers. Other than that, the company addressed a list of bugs including the full screen gesture issue on lock screen alarm page, control center display issue in landscape mode, notification shade display issue in dark mode, along with some optimizations. Here you can check the complete changelog.
Redmi 8A Dual MIUI 12 Update – Changelog
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
MIUI 12 Update for Redmi 8A Dual
If you’re using the Redmi 8A Dual and want to update your device to the MIUI 12, then you can check the system updates, as there are some times when OTA notification does not come. And if the update is available you can simply hit the download button. But in case your device did not receive the MIUI 12 OTA yet, then you can manually update your phone to the latest update by downloading the OTA from below link.
It’s an easy way by which you can sideload the update to your device. Before diving in to the steps, make sure to take a backup of important data and also take care that your smartphone is charged to at least 30%. The latest MIUI 12 update is based on Android 10. Here you can grab the OTA link.
- Download MIUI 12 Update for Redmi 8A Dual (OTA Zip Link)
- Download MIUI 12 Update for Redmi 8A Dual (Recovery ROM Link)
Make sure your Redmi 8A Dual is running on V220.127.116.11.QCQINXM to update via OTA zip. If your device is running on this version, then you can head over to the Settings > System Update > Local Upgrade option > select OTA zip.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi 8A Dual before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy F62 Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: