Apple starts rolling out another incremental software upgrade to the Apple Watch. The latest gradual upgrade – watchOS 9.3.1, is mainly focused on fixes, resolving security vulnerabilities and known issues. There’s a new upgrade for iPhone as well seeding with iOS 16.3.1 version number, the iPad gets iPadOS 16.3.1 update.
Apple is pushing the new software to the Apple Watch with a 20S664 build number. The small gradual upgrade weighs only 120MB in size, obviously, you can quickly upgrade your Apple Watch to the latest upgrade. The update goes live for all watches running on the watchOS 9. For unawares, the update is compatible with these Apple Watches – Apple Watch Series 4 and later models.
As it is a small incremental upgrade, you can not expect big changes, instead, it is rolling with “important security updates and bug fixes”. Yes, this is the only thing mentioned in the watchOS 9.3.1 changelog. Here’s the release notes coming with watchOS 9.3.1 stable.
watchOS 9.3.1 update – What’s New
- This update includes bug fixes and important security updates for your Apple Watch.
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
How to install watchOS 9.3.1 update
iPhone owners need to upgrade to iOS 16.3.1 update before installing watchOS 9.3.1 on the Apple Watch. You can check the new software both on your Watch or on the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Here’s how you can upgrade your Apple Watch to the new watchOS 9.3.1.
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Once you tap the install button, it will download and install the newest update on your Apple Watch. Once the installation process is completed, the watch will automatically reboot to the latest watchOS 9.3.1 update.
- How to watch YouTube videos on Apple Watch
- 25 Best True Black Wallpapers for iPhone and Android
- 20 Best Minimalist Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 11
- How to Mirror Apple Watch to iPhone on iOS 16
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to use Safety Check on iPhone [iOS 16]