Tumblr is a popular microblogging platform since early 2007. On Tumblr, you can take a look at everything that is currently trending. If you like anything, you can always follow those blogs to view all the latest updates and happenings on various topics. While people have been shifting to newer social media, Tumblr has become a hub for a lot of content including images, gifs, memes, videos, etc. Since Tumblr enables safe mode by default to everyone, here is a guide on how to bypass Tumblr safe mode on your account.
Tumblr is a great source for funny content as well as memes and other things. While these are all good, some of the content on Tumblr might not suit the younger audience. And so, Tumblr has decided to set all accounts with the safe mode or secure mode by default. It doesn’t matter how old you are or who you are, the security setting has been turned on for everyone. Read on to know how you can bypass or turn off Tumblr Safe mode.
Bypass Tumblr Safe Mode
If you use Tumblr on an iOS or Android device for a long time, you already know how to bypass tumblr safe mode. And for those who use Tumblr on their PCs, there is also a way for you to bypass or disable Tumblr Safe mode.
However, with time, Tumblr has permanently banned inappropriate content on its platform. Meaning that the option to turn off or turn on Safe Mode is no longer available. The only settings you can adjust are by adjusting filters in Tumblr. By setting various filters, you will then no longer be viewing content that has a particular tag.
Enable or Disable Tumblr Filters on Android and iOS
- Open the Tumblr app or download it from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Sign in or create an account on Tumblr.
- Now, tap on the person icon that is at the bottom right.
- On your profile page, tap on the Settings gear icon.
- Once on the Settings page, you can now select Account Settings.
- Scroll a bit till you find the Filtering option.
- Tap on it. You will now see two options: Filtered Tags and Filtered Post Content.
- Select the +New option to add in tags. Add any posts that have particular words which you do not wish to see.
- If you wish to remove these filters, simply do a left swipe on the tag and select Delete.
- So, this is how you add or remove filtered tags on Android and IOS devices.
Enable or Disable Tumblr Filters on Desktop
- Using your favorite browser open up Tumblr.com.
- If you have an account, you can simply sign in or else, create an account.
- With all of the basic things done, click on the profile icon. It will be at the top of the screen.
- Once you click on it, you will see the Settings option. Select it.
- When the Settings page opens, look to the left side and scroll a bit till you see Filtering.
- You will see a pen icon next to Filtered Tags and Filtered Post Content. Click on it.
- Here you can add tags or words of posts and content that you do not wish to see on your news feed.
- If you want to remove the tags, you can simply click the Remove option and it will all be cleared up.
Earlier, toggling the Safe Mode On or off would let you adjust the content that you wish to see. Since Tumblr has made changes to its platform you can only filter posts by certain tags. A few things to remember while settings filters are that the maximum character limit is 250.
Tags that you use to filter will filter them in a case insensitive manner and if the filtered word is on an image, then nothing can be done about it, unless Tumblr comes out with an AI to scan those images for filtered words.
So yes, you could always bypass the Safe Mode on Tumblr but not anymore. If you were a user on Tumblr and have then since shifted to other platforms, what platform have you switched to? Let us know in the comments below.