Windows 11 is the new version of Windows which is now available to users as an Insider Preview. And soon it will be released for everyone as a stable build. And by now you may have got to know about all changes in Windows 11. Its main highlight is the redesigned UI which includes a new Settings page, new dock position, and a lot more. As most of the settings changed in Windows 11, accessing safe mode is also different. Here you will know how to boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode has been one of the known features in Windows for many years. And if you are using the Windows OS for a while, then you already know about it. But now, it’s a diagnostic mode in Windows OS that only runs important applications which help you in fixing your PC if something goes wrong. Safe Mode is included in many OS including Android.
Safe Mode loads only with the default system and application settings. Along with diagnosting and fixing any issue, you can even use it for a few normal operations if the PC is low in battery. Whenever you boot Windows PC in Safe Mode, you will find it on one of the right corners. Even without looking for Safe Mode, you can easily know that the PC is running in Safe Mode.
How to Boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode
Now that you know about Safe Mode, if you decide to boot your Windows 11 in Safe Mode, then here you will know different methods for it. Safe Mode is a useful boot mode that comes in handy in many cases. But it is quite tricky to access or leave safe mode. In Windows 10 you may already be familiar, but since Windows 11 is new, we are here with three methods to boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode.
Use Settings to boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode
- Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now from the new Settings layout go to System > Recovery.
- Under recovery options, you will find two settings. There you need to click on Restart Now next to the Advanced startup.
- It will show a pop-up, click on Restart Now again.
- It will now reboot your PC and show different Advanced options. Choose Troubleshoot option > Advanced options.
- Now it will show more Settings, select Startup Settings > Restart.
- The Windows 11 PC will restart and show different boot options in which you can boot your Windows 11 PC.
- Look for Safe Mode, generally it will be at the 4th number so enter 4 or F4. If it is at a different position then enter that number or function key.
- That’s it, now your Windows 11 PC will boot in Safe Mode.
This is one of the easiest and straightforward methods to boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode. It will work for all users without any doubt. But if you are one of the users for whom the first method didn’t work then check out our next two methods.
Use the Restart option to boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode
- Click on the Windows icon or enter the Windows button present on the keyboard.
- It will open the Start menu, click on the Power icon.
- Now while pressing the Shift button click on the Restart option.
- Hold on the Shift button and release it after 2-3 seconds.
- Now, wait for Windows 11 to boot into Advanced options.
- From Advanced options, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
- In the next screen you will find a few different options, click on Startup Settings > Restart.
- It will restart and present you with some options, look for Safe Mode. Safe Mode is generally available at the 4th number so enter 4 or F4. If it is at a different position then enter that number or function key.
- After that, your Windows 11 will boot in Safe Mode.
This is also an easy method to boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode. Along with Windows 11, it also works in Windows 10. If the first two methods didn’t work for you, we have the third method for you. So, let’s now check another method to enter Windows 11 in Safe Mode. It also works if you can’t access your Windows OS.
Use winRE to enter Windows 11 in Safe Mode
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your PC.
- Now press the power button to turn on the PC and as soon as you see the first logo like Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, immediately press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Now your PC will turn off again. Start your PC again and as soon as you see the first screen/logo hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your PC again.
- Finally, Power on your PC and let it boot. Your PC will enter in winRE.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Now your PC will restart and give you multiple options, check for Safe Mode. Safe Mode is generally available at the 4th number so enter 4 or F4. If it is at a different position then enter that number or function key.
- After that, your Windows 11 will boot in Safe Mode.
This is another way to boot your Windows 11 in Safe Mode. It is quite tricky as you have to time when to power off. Now if you decide to turn off Safe Mode in Windows 11, check out the next section.
How to Turn Off Safe Mode in Windows 11
Going out of Safe Mode is easier than booting into Safe Mode. The easy and simple method is to restart your PC with a simple procedure. When you restart your PC, it will boot into Normal mode. In case if Safe Mode won’t turn off, you can follow this method.
- Open the Run dialog box. You can press Windows + R buttons to open the Run dialog.
- Now enter msconfig and click on OK to open the configuration page.
- Now in the boot tab, remove the Safe Mode checkbox and click on Apply.
- Then reboot your PC and it will boot in the normal mode.
So this is the detailed guide on how to enter Windows 11 in Safe Mode and also how to exit Safe Mode in Windows 11. In case you have any queries, let us know in the comment section.