When it comes to foldables, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold series is one of the best. The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is Samsung’s latest-generation foldable with a number of software and hardware improvements. The main function of the foldable is multitasking and it gets better with each new generation. Multi window is one of the multitasking features. Here you will know how to split screen on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 includes two displays, one for the same use as a phone and the other for the same use as a tablet. Since the inner display is large, multitasking is quite easy on it. We can use multiple windows at once. And the optimized software One UI 4.1 based on Android 12L makes it even better. Android 12L is specifically optimized for tablets and devices with large displays.
If you use your Galaxy Z Fold 4 a lot for multitasking, follow the guide to learn all about Split Screen View.
How to Split Screen on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Split Screen View or Multi Window is the feature that allows users to open multiple apps at the same time on the same screen. On Galaxy Z Flip 4 we can have three windows open at once including pop up view, but on Galaxy Z Fold 4 we can use more than three apps at the same time. And there are several ways to enable split screen on Galaxy Z Fold 4. Let’s start with a simple method.
Split Screen using Recent Apps Screen
This is a common method that can also be used on other Android phones. So you must be familiar with this method if you are using Android for a long time. So let’s see how it works.
- Unfold your Galaxy Z Fold 4 if it’s folded.
- Now open the page that you want to use on the Split screen.
- Go back to the homepage and tap on the three bar icon to open recent apps.
- Tap on the app icon attached above to the app window.
- It will show some options, tap Open in Split Screen view.
- Now the screen will separate into two windows, you can choose another app from app drawer that you want to see in the other window.
- Now you can drag and drop the third app that you want to open.
Split Screen using Multi Window Tray
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 comes with multi window tray feature just like other Samsung Galaxy phones. It is like a side app drawer that users can access from any page without actually going back to the app drawer. So it is quite useful for multitasking. Here’s how you can use the multi window tray on the Galaxy Z Fold 4.
- On your foldable, swipe to the left from the right edge to open multi window tray.
- It will open the apps list. You can drag and drop the app you want to use with other apps on the same screen.
- If the app you want to open is not in multi window tray, then tap on three bars at the bottom of the tray and select from all apps.
- Now that one app is open, drag and drop the other apps as well.
You can drag drop apps to the upper left, upper right, side left, side right, lower left, lower right, and center of the screen.
Split Screen using Dock
Like other tablets, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 also comes with a dock that can be accessed from any page. Yes, we are talking about the apps and tools available at the bottom. This makes it easy to switch between apps without having to go back to the home screen. Here’s how to use the Dock for Split View on Galaxy Z Fold 4.
- From the dock, drag and drop the first app that you want to use in the split screen view.
- If the app is not available, tap on the nine dot icon at the lower right to open all apps.
- Now you can drag and drop multiple apps from all apps window.
- This way you can open three window at the same time.
Open Pop Up Window
You can open the pop up window using any of the methods mentioned above. All you have to do is drag and drop the app to the center of the screen. You can also use the Recent Apps screen to open apps in a pop-up view.
Using the pop up window you can have four apps on one screen. You can minimize the floating window and open it from any page.
You can control opened split view screen by tapping on the blue line that appear at the top of each window. This will give a bunch of options for controlling the pages.
So this is the complete guide on Split Screen on Galaxy Z Fold 4. I hope the guide helped you with multitasking. In case you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section.