With just a couple of months left until the release of Android 14, there are still several devices awaiting the Android 13 update. The Realme Narzo 50 was one of those devices, but it has finally received the stable Android 13 update. The Android 13 update for the Realme Narzo 50 is available through the Realme UI 4.0 update.
The Realme Narzo 50 was launched early last year with Android 11, despite Android 12 being available at that time. Although the device later received the Android 12 update and Realme UI 3.0, if it had initially come with Android 12, the device could have been eligible for one additional major Android update.
The Realme Narzo 50 is now receiving the Android 13-based Realme UI 4.0 update, identified by the build number RMX3286_11 F.03. This significant update brings a host of new features and improvements, making it larger in size compared to regular security updates.
Coming to changes and features, the new update brings changes to UI which Realme calls Aquamorphic design, the update also improves device efficiency and security updates. You can check the official changelog below.
Realme Narzo 50 Android 13 Changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default • You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots • The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe • The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
Realme Narzo 50 Android 13 update is rolling out in phases. So the update can take a few weeks before it reaches all eligible devices. In case you don’t receive the update notification, you can manually check for the update in Settings. You will have the option to roll back your device to Android 12 if you don’t find Android 13 stable enough. The rollback file can be downloaded here.