A small incremental update to Android 14 Beta 3 is rolling out a week after the release of the third beta. The latest Android 14 Beta 3.1 addresses some major issues from the last beta. It’s available for all eligible devices.
Google has been testing Android 14 for many months now and till now we got to see two developer betas and three public betas. And there’s one more beta to go before the release of stable Android 14 which could release in August.
The Android 14 Beta 3.1 update comes with build number UPB3.230519.014 which will be the same across Pixel phones. And the incremental update brings June 2023 Android security patch which was not upgraded in the last week’s Beta 3 update.
Here is the official changelog of Android 14 Beta 3.1:
- Fixed issues where Fingerprint Unlock was either unavailable or unusable on some devices.
- Fixed platform compatibility issues that were affecting mapping SDKs, which caused dependent apps to crash in some cases.
So if you upgraded to the Android 14 Beta 3 update and are having issues with the fingerprint, then the latest update should fix the issue.
The update is only available to users who have joined the beta program. It will be available in the form of an OTA (over-the-air) update to beta users. But in case you are on an Android 13 stable build and want to test beta builds, you can easily opt for the beta program. Make sure your phone is eligible for Android 14, these are the eligible models – Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, or Pixel 7a.
You can also manually sideload the Android 14 beta on your Pixel phone, you can download the OTA builds for manual installation from this page.
Before updating your phone, make sure to take a backup of important data and also charge your phone to at least 50%.
- How to Install Android 14 on Pixel Phones [3 Methods]
- List of Pixel phones eligible for Android 14
- 7 Best Material You Icon Packs for any Android
- 10 Best Keyboard Apps for Android to Install in 2023
- 8 Best Material You Widgets you can try on your Android Phone
- Best Android Launchers: Revamp your home screen with these launchers