After successfully releasing Android 11 patch to the Redmi 9 Prime. Xiaomi moves its focus to its sister brand’s acquired Poco M2 smartphone. Yes, the Poco M2 users in India has started receiving the MIUI 12.5 stationed Android 11 update. The latest over-the-air update carries a number of new things, security patch, and improvements. Here you can check everything about Poco M2 Android 11 update.
Xiaomi starts rolling out the new update with 18.104.22.168.RJRINXM software version. It measures around 2.1GB in size for downloading. There are a bunch of users reportedly receiving the update on their Poco M2 smartphone. Here’s a screenshot shared by a twitter user (@TechnoAnkit1), in case you’ve not received yet, then we can expect you’ll get it in coming days or a week. The new build includes August 2021 monthly security patch alongside the new features.
Now let’s talk about the changes, the Android 11 update on Poco M2 lands with improved gesture response, 20x faster rendering, along with the optimizations for better system performance. It also bring changes to the Notes app, like new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Apart from that, you can also use basic features of Android 11. Here’s the complete changelog.
Android 11 Update for Poco M2 – Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Poco M2 Android 11 (MIUI 12.5) Update
The MIUI 12.5 based Android 11 update is already in a rolling phase, if you’re using the Poco M2 smartphone, you might have already received the update. But if you’ve not received it, then you can move to the System updates for checking the new updates, as there are some times when OTA notification does not arrive. So, it’s better to check it manually.
In case you’re in a hurry and want to update your Poco M2 to MIUI 12.5 based Android 11 then you can manually sideload the recovery ROM and access the new features. Here’s the link of recovery ROM.
- Poco M2 MIUI 12.5 (Android 11) Update (India Stable) [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you to take a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 30%.
To sideload the recovery ROM package (Update file), you need to head over to the system settings > updates, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Poco M2 before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Root Poco M2
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- macOS Monterey Wallpapers [5K Resolution]
- Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones