In the last few months, Xiaomi has released Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 for a bunch of Xiaomi phones. And the OEM has done the same this month. Redmi 9 Prime is the latest phone receiving Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 stable beta update. Other phones in the Redmi 9 series have already received the update, and now it’s time for the Redmi 9 Prime. Read more to know about the latest Redmi 9 Prime Android 11 update.
Redmi 9 Prime is an entry-level phone which was released in 2020, almost a year ago. It was released running Android 10 based MIUI 11 update. And after that, the device received MIUI 12, but it was also based on Android 10. Now it seems Redmi 9 Prime users will get the Android 11 update soon, as the Stable beta is already out for beta testers.
The Android 11 for Redmi 9 Prime comes with build number V220.127.116.11.RJCINXM in India. It is a major update for the device, so expect some interesting experience. Also, the update size will be more than incremental updates.
Talking about changes, the Android 11 update for Redmi 9 Prime brings an August 2021 security patch, smooth gestures, improved read/write performance, and more. Check out the full changelog.
Redmi 9 Prime Android 11 Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 for Redmi 9 Prime
The update is tagged as Stable Beta, which means it will be available to beta testers first, and if everything goes right, the same update will be available to public users. Build numbers can vary, but changes will be the same. Also, the Redmi 9 MIUI 12.5 update is currently rolling out in India, but other regions will soon join the party. So if you are a Redmi 9 Prime beta tester in India, then expect the update soon. If an update notification does not arrive, you can check it manually by going to Settings > Software Update.
Luckily, the Recovery ROM is available, which means if anyone wants to update their device immediately, they can manually flash the Recovery ROM.
- Redmi 9 Prime MIUI 12.5 Update (India Stable Beta) [Recovery ROM]
To flash the file, you can try the apply update from the sd card in Recovery.
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend taking a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 50%.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi 9 Prime before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 9 and Unlock Bootloader (Guide)
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: