Three months back, OnePlus initially started testing OxygenOS 12 on the OnePlus Nord CE 2. The firm released a more stable build to the open beta channel in mid-July and after finishing the three-month testing phase, OnePlus finally started rolling out the stable Android 12-centric OxygenOS 12 update to the OnePlus Nord CE 2. It is the first major software upgrade for the midrange, it will receive one more major upgrade in the future. Read along to know more about it.
OnePlus is seeding the new software to Nord CE 2 with C.05 build number, it measures around 4.66GB in size. Yes, it needs a big chunk of data for sideloading. I recommend you connect your phone to a WiFi network to quickly download the new software. It brings July security patch along with the other features.
Moving to the features, the update comes with a new dark mode, optimized desktop icons, AI system booster 2.1, updated Canvas AOD, new Shelf features, optimized gaming experience, and optimizations to the camera app, alongside the other OxygenOS features. Obviously, you can also access the essential features of Android 12.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Android 12 update – Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Dark mode
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read.
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status.
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals.
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment.
If you own the OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G, then you can now upgrade your phone to the OxygenOS 12, the update is in a rolling phase, for now, it will be available to everyone soon. You can move to the Settings app then check the system updates and install it if available.
You can also update your phone immediately using the local update method if it is not available on the System Update page. All you have to do is download the OTA zip file using the Oxygen Updater app or other reliable source and install it manually by selecting Local Upgrade in System Update settings.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord CE 2
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Download Google Pixel 6a Wallpapers (Official)
- Download Galaxy A23 5G Wallpapers before the phone’s launch
- OxygenOS 13 Supported Devices, Release Date, and Features