As we almost get closer to the Android 13 stable release, there are still a few devices that are yet to receive the year old Android 12 update. These are mostly entry-level or budget phones including the OnePlus Nord CE 2, but its Android 12 Open Beta is now available. This means that OnePlus Nord CE 2 users will get the stable Android 12 update by next month.
OnePlus follows a simple update process starting with Closed Beta followed by Open Beta. And usually OnePlus releases the stable build after a month of Open Beta. Well, the one month timeline is not exact, so it could be a little more or less than a month.
OnePlus released the OxygenOS 12 closed beta for Nord CE 2 in mid May. But it was closed beta which means for limited users and also it was the very first build which includes some major bugs. Whereas in OxygenOS 12 you can expect bugs but comparatively less than closed beta. Also, anyone with the device can install the Android 12 Open Beta.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 comes with some new features. Well, it is obvious as it’s a major update afterall. You can check the full changelog below.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 OxygenOS 12 Open Beta Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
If you have OnePlus Nord CE 2 and want to try the Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta, you need to follow some instructions. Your OnePlus Nord CE 2 must be running on the OxyegenOS 11 build A.13. If not then first you need to upgrade your phone to A.13. Once done, download the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta package for Nord CE 2 from the given link.
- OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 (Package)
Now ensure you have taken backup and your phone is charged to at least 50%. Copy the download file to your phone storage. Now Power off the phone > Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds together > Choose language and then enter the Recovery mode. Click on the corresponding installation package > upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
Now if you decide to go back to Android 11 then you can downgrade with the rollback file.
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Rollback (Android 12 OB to Android 11)
You can follow the process mentioned on the source page.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 8.4 for OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: