Earlier this month, Samsung kicked off the first One UI 6.0 beta program for its latest S series phones. And as expected, the second beta of One UI 6 has also started rolling out before end of this month.
One UI 6.0 beta 2 is rolling out to the Galaxy S23 series in Germany, South Korea, and the US. The update was first released in Germany but soon it went live in South Korea and the US.
One UI 6.0 Beta 2 for Galaxy S23 series comes with software version ZWHO. The second beta brings a bunch of bug fixes that were present in the first beta. It includes the home screen crash fix. Many Galaxy S23 users in these three regions already received the update. A user also shared the One UI 6.0 Beta 2 changelog screenshot in Reddit. However some of the new features are missing from the screenshot.
The second beta brings a revamped homepage for Samsung Health making the content easier to see health information. With the second beta you can now turn off the swipe up/down gesture to switch cameras, and many other changes.
Galaxy S23 One UI 6.0 Beta 2 Changelog
- Samsung Health
- New look for the Home screen: The Samsung Health Home screen has been completely revamped. Bold fonts and colors make it easier to see the information you need most. Exercise results are shown at the top of the screen, and more feedback is provided about your daily goals for steps, activity, water, and food.
- Custom water cup sizes: You can now customize the size of cups in the Samsung Health Water tracker to match the size of the cup you usually drink from.
- Turn off swipe up/down to switch cameras: Swiping up or down to switch between the front and rear cameras is now optional. If you’re concerned about accidental swipes, you can turn this off in Settings.
- Studio (Video Editor)
- More powerful video editing: Studio is a new project-based video editor, allowing for more complex and powerful editing. You can save unfinished projects and continue editing later. You can view your entire project as a timeline containing multiple video clips.
- My Files
- Integrated Trash with Gallery: My Files and Gallery Trash features have been combined into one. When you open the Trash in My Files, you’ll be able to see files, pictures, and videos you’ve deleted all together, along with options for restoring or permanently deleting.
- Copy files with 2 hands: Touch and hold the file you want to copy with one hand, then use your other hand to navigate to the folder where you want to copy it.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Fixed shortcut key error when using keyboard
- Improved intermittent infinite loading and playing error in using Netflix – Fixed Home app crash problem
- Improved instability in a multiwindow function of security folder
- Improved device selection instability in Music share – Improved erase action instability in using S pen button
- Fixed execution fail of repair mode
- Fixed intermittent Reset issue – Fixed sluggish problem after sw update
- Fixed icon disappearance problem in Home screen after FOTA
- Kids app cannot be installed after updating from T OS to U OS.
- When running the app on DeX, the color of the top bar in some apps is not displayed properly.
- When a message is received, the condition routine does not work. Mode and routine apps are stopped when conditions are activated.
Today the company has also expanded the One UI 6 beta program to more countries. India and the UK are now joining the US, South Korea, and Germany in the One UI 6 beta program. The beta program may also be available in other regions like China, Poland but this has not been confirmed yet. Even if it is not available, it should be available soon.
The second beta is rolling out over the air on devices already running the first beta. If you want to join the beta program, you can follow our guide to register for beta. Before upgrading make sure you have taken backup of your phone.