In the month of April, Nothing announced the Android 14 beta testing program for its Phone 1. The company released the first beta build to testers in May and later pushed the second beta build with a few fixes. Currently, Android 14 for Nothing Phone 1 is still in the beta testing phase, and to enhance the user experience further, Nothing is rolling out the third beta of Android 14 for Nothing Phone 1. Read on to discover more details about the gradual upgrade.
Nothing has officially confirmed the rollout of the new software update on both Twitter and its website. Along with the third beta announcement, the company also confirms the release timeline for Nothing OS 2.0, which is scheduled to be released before the end of August.
Before moving ahead, see the list of new features and changes coming to Nothing Phone 1 with Android 14 beta 3.
- New support for API level 34 based on Android 14 Beta 3
- Preinstalled apps including Nothing Launcher, Weather, Recorder
- Preinstalled Nothing widgets
Now let’s take a list of known issues on the third beta.
- Fingerprints can’t be registered
- Face unlock unavailable
- Glyph features unavailable
- Battery sharing unavailable
- No Portrait Mode or slow motion feature in the camera app
- No pre-installed Nothing weather and Nothing X apps
- Screen cast to TV connection unavailable
If you want to upgrade your Nothing Phone 1 to Android 14 third beta, then you can download the beta update package on your phone and sideload it manually. Nothing shares the download packages as well as installation instructions in the blog spot. Here are the links to the download packages.
- Android 14 Beta 3 for Nothing Phone 1: Download Link
Once you have the package downloaded on your smartphone, you can go to the Settings > About Phone > Software version and confirm that your phone is running on Nothing OS 1.5.6. If your phone is running on older software, make sure to update it.
If your phone is running on Nothing OS 1.5.6, then create a folder named “ota” in the internal storage, and copy the file inside the folder.
Now open the dialer on your Nothing Phone and type *#*#682#*#*, it will open the lock update tool, which allows you to sideload the downloaded Android 14 beta on your device.
Then tap Directly Apply OTA from the selection option, it will start installing the beta on your device. Once done restart your device.
You can follow the same steps for the roll-back process. If you want to know more about it, then you can check the Nothing’s latest blog post.
- What’s New in the First Update for Nothing Phone 2
- Nothing Phone 2 Buyers Guide – Time to Upgrade or Skip?
- Is the Nothing Phone 2 available in the U.S.?
- Download Nothing Phone 2 Wallpapers [Complete Collection]
- How to Unbrick Nothing Phone 1 with Tool (Download Unbrick Tool)
- Download Google Camera 8.5 for Nothing Phone 1 (Updated)
- Download Nothing Phone 1 Wallpapers (FHD+)