The Nothing Phone 2 was launched last week, but the device will go on sale starting today, July 17. But as you know many users and creators have already got this device. Some users reported that they have already received the update on their Nothing Phone 2. So the first update for Nothing Phone 2 is already rolling out.
Nothing Phone 2 runs on Nothing OS 2.0 which is better than many other custom OS and makes the device smooth. Early reviews say that the Nothing OS 2.0 on the Nothing Phone 2 is better than the Stock Android on the Pixel phone. But there is not enough evidence so it is better to wait for comparison before any conclusion.
The first update for Nothing Phone 2 is quite big and important. It comes with various camera improvements that will improve the camera processing for even better results. Nothing Phone 2 camera upgrade over its predecessor is big but its software upgrade is equally important.
Nothing Phone 2 OS version jump to v2.0.1 after this update. As mentioned earlier it is a big update and carry a long list of changelog. Thanks to Gsmarena for the update information and the update screenshot.
Nothing Phone 2 Nothing OS v2.0.1 Update Changelog
- Glyph Composer is now live on the Play Store! Use the app to create and record your very own Glyph Ringtones.
- Introducing Glyph Progress for Uber. Check the progress of an incoming Uber ride via the
- Glyph Interface. This feature is currently in an experimental phase, so you may experience some inconsistencies.
- Widgets can now be added to your lock screen / Always-on-Display. Available to set up on the lock screen settings page.
- Quick Settings widgets. Add your most-used Quick Settings tiles directly to your home or lock screen.
- Reworked popular Nothing Machine ringtones and notification sounds from Phone (1), adjusted to match the new segmented design of Phone (2).
- 4 new wallpapers.
- One-handed Mode.
- Portrait mode now supports 2x zoom.
- Motion capture is now supported in 50MP mode.
- Introduced a brand new Nothing style photo watermark.
- Optimised the HDR effectiveness across the board.
- Optimised photo clarity when shooting between 4x and 10x zoom.
- Improved camera quality when used in third party apps.
- Deduced log and optimised stabilisation
Since this is a launch day update, those who get their Nothing Phone 2 from July 17 will be getting this update out of the box. Yes as soon as you unbox your new phone, there will be an update waiting for you. So after setting up your phone, make sure to check for the update in Settings.