Last week was all about Apple. At the WWDC event, Apple announced new updates for each OS including the iOS 16. iOS 16 comes with many features and everyone is trying the new dev beta. And many of us almost forgot about the iOS 15.6 Beta. Well, the beta for both iOS 16 and iOS 15.6 is going parallelly so users can go with the beta that they want to test. And to continue the iOS/iPadOS 15.6 testing, Apple releases third betas of iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6.
iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2 were released on the first day of this month. And as you know there was a gap last week because of events and other announcements, Apple is back to iOS 15.6.
Both iOS 15.6 Beta 3 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 3 come with build number 19G5046d. Along with these two updates, Apple also released macOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 3, watchOS 8.7 Beta 3, and tvOS 15.6 Beta 3. iOS 15.6 Beta 3, and iPadOS 15.6 beta 3 update size can vary as per the device and version you are coming from. It can be around 500 MB.
Coming to the changes and new features in iOS 15.6 Beta, the update comes with an update to Modem Firmware which might fix any connectivity issues available on your device. Other than this there are no major features or changes. The same was expected because Apple is to release new features on iOS 16.
This update is more like a security and bug fix update. And now it is one step closer to the public release.
iOS 15.6 Beta 3 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 3 updates are currently available to developers. But soon it will be available to public beta testers. It might already be live by the time you are reading it. You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
In case you are on a public build you need to install beta profile on your iPhone.
How to get iOS 15.6 Beta 3 & iPadOS 15.6 Beta 3
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.6 Beta 3 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.6 Beta 3 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.6 Beta 3 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.