WWDC 2022 is just a week away which means next week is going to be action packed for Apple users. A lot is going to happen next week. But for this week, Apple has released iOS 15.6 beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 beta 2. The first beta was released two weeks ago on May 19. There was no update last week. Let’s find out more about the iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2.
iOS 15.6 might be the last iOS 15 update to go into beta as we know that iOS 16 beta testing is expected to start next week. But the iOS 16 Beta will be first available to developers. And the public beta is expected somewhere in the second half of July. It will be in beta testing until its release in September (expected).
Along with iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2, Apple also released macOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 2, tvOS 15.6 Beta 2, and watchOS 8.7 Beta 2. Both iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2 come with build number 19G5037d. It is an incremental update over the first Beta and it weighs around 500MB depending on the device.
The iOS 15.6 Beta 1 didn’t bring any big features and also the second beta seems to follow the same. As per the software update page, the second beta comes with some bug fixes and improvements. As of now, we don’t have the full list of changes. We will update here if we find anything new after the use.
There are some code changes in the second beta and the Apple Digital ID is now available in Maryland. It looks like Apple is reserving new features for iOS 16 which is going to arrive soon.
iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2 are currently available to developers and
it is expected to be available to public beta testers soon (The public beta is now available). If you have opted for beta 1 then you will receive the update directly on your device. You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. But if you are on a public build then you need to install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to install the beta profile.
How to get iOS 15.6 Beta 2 & iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.6 Beta 2 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.6 Beta 2 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.