Everyone has access to the internet. And, considering that there are more people than before who are switching away from the cable network connection to streaming services because of the overall cost and ease of being able to stream content anywhere and on any device. Smart TVs have made streaming services easily accessible. Samsung has a wide range of Smart TVs that you can use o connect to the internet and stream from your favorite services right away. So, today, our guide will be about how you can stream the Hulu app on Samsung Smart TV.
Hulu is a great streaming service for those who would like to watch their favorite shows and movies as and when it is being aired. You can also stream Live TV, but this depends on the type of Hulu plan that you subscribe to. Now, because there is a wide range of Samsung Smart TVs, it is important to know how you can access the Hulu app on the TV. And, if your TV doesn’t support installing the Hulu app, what other ways you can follow to stream it on the big screen Samsung Smart TV. Here is the guide that will show you how to watch Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Samsung Smart TV
- Internet Connection
- Android or iOS device
- Hulu account with a subscribed plan
How to Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
First of all, you need to see if the Samsung Smart TV supports the Hulu app. You will be able to identify this if you see the Hulu icon on the TVs box that it came in. If you see the logo it will work perfectly. If you don’t see the logo or have an older Smart TV from Samsung, you can still use a method to stream Hulu on your big screen.
Hulu app Preloaded on Samsung Smart TVs
If you have a Samsung Smart TV that has the app preinstalled on your Smart TV, then you don’t have to do anything much. All you need to do is to navigate to the home screen, select all Apps and then launch the Hulu app. Simply sign in with your Hulu account details, and you should be good to go.
Download Hulu App on Samsung Smart TV (2018 and newer)
- First off, power up your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
- Now, grab the remote for your Samsung Smart TV.
- You need to press the Home button on your TV remote.
- With the Smart Hub being called, select the Apps section.
- Now, select the search bar and type in Hulu.
- You will see the Hulu app from the search results.
- Select the app and click on the install button on the screen.
- The Hulu app should now be downloaded and installed on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Simply launch the app, sign in and you can now stream the app on your Samsung Smart TV.
Download Hulu App on Samsung Smart TV (2013 and newer)
If you have one of the older Samsung Smart TVs that was released on or after 2013, you can still get the Hulu app to these TVs. You call follow these steps to download the Hulu app.
- First, connect the Samsung TV to your WiFi network.
- Now, grab the TV remote and press the [email protected] button on the remote.
- This will now bring up a menu on your screen.
- Simply select the Content View option.
- Now, you need to choose the Internet TV option.
- All apps that are available for the particular Samsung Smart TV will now be displayed.
- You can simply select Search and type in Hulu.
- If you see the app, select and finally choose download.
- The app will download itself to your TV, which is then ready for you to sign in and stream content right away.
How to Cast Hulu App to unsupported Samsung TVs
If you have a Samsung Smart TV and arent able to find the Hulu app on your TVs app store, the only way to watch Hulu on the big screen is by casting the app from your Android or iOS device to your TV. Here are the steps that you can follow.
Cast from Android device to Samsung TV
- First, connect your Samsung TV and your Android device to the same WiFi network.
- Now, download the Hulu app from the PlayStore and sign into it with your credentials.
- Select the movie or TV show that you want to cast to your Samsung TV.
- On the player, you will see the cast icon. Tap on it.
- Your Android device will now search for wireless displays that are connected to the same WiFi network.
- When you find your Samsung TV in the list, select it.
- The Android device will now cast the Hulu app to your big screen TV.
AirPlay from iOS devices to Samsung TV
This will work only if your Samsung TV has Apple AirPlay 2 built-in.
- If your TV has it connect the TV and your Apple device to the same WiFi network.
- Now, download the Hulu app from the App Store to your device.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Hulu account details.
- Make sure to have Apple AirPlay 2 enabled on your Samsung TV from the Settings app.
- On your iOS device, tap on a movie that you want to watch.
- Select the AirPlay icon on the video player.
- Your iOS device will look for AirPlay-enabled wireless displays.
- When you find your Samsung TV, select it.
- The iOS device will now cast itself to your Samsung TV right away.
Connect Streaming Devices to Samsung TV
If you have a non-smart Samsung TV that has an HDMI port, you can make the best use of devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku Streaming Stick, Google Chromecast, or an Apple TV box. These are devices that support the Hulu app. You can download the app to the device and then stream your favorite content from Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV.
Note: There could be times when the box that your Samsung Smart TV came in could have the Hulu logo displayed. However, for a number of people, the issue seems to be that you simply cannot find the Hulu app even after it is stated that it supports the particular Samsung TV. The reason for this is that the region you might have earlier selected while setting your Samsung TV might be a region where Hulu isn’t available. To fix this, you simply need to reset the Samsung Smart Hub and change the region for the device. Once the correct region has been set, you will be able to install the Hulu app on your Samsung Smart TV right away.
These are the numerous ways you can follow to stream and watch Hulu on your Samsung TV. Whether your particular Samsung Tv is smart or not, there are ways that you can choose to stream your shows and movies right away. We hope this guide has helped you in knowing how to watch Hulu on any Samsung Smart TV that you have. If there are any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.