Windows Insiders on the Dev channel recently got a new Windows 11 Preview build on the 12th of Jan, 2023. As you would expect, the update brings in new features, fixes, and improvements to the operating system. While alone that is good, Windows Insiders on the Dev channel have also noticed that there are three new apps making their debut in the Microsoft Store on Windows 11. All of these apps are from Apple itself. The apps are
- Apple Music Preview
- Apple TV Preview
- Apple Devises Preview
These are three new apps from Apple that will be replacing the really old iTunes app that is currently available to all users on the Microsoft Store. As you can see, all three apps have the word preview in their name, meaning that it is currently in testing and is available in limited regions and to a limited number of users. As of now, the Apple apps are only available for Windows Insiders on the Dev channel in the United States.
But, what if you’re someone who is on the Dev channel for Windows 11, and wants to try these new Apple apps but doesn’t reside in the United States? Well, there is a simple and easy way to get these apps displayed on the Microsoft Store. We have two ways that you can follow to get these apps installed on your windows 11 PC.
Table of Contents
How to Install Apple TV and Apple Music from Microsoft Store
There are two ways that you can follow to manually get these apps installed on your Windows 11 PC. No matter what region you belong to, you can easily change the region of your Windows 1 PC to get apps from a specific region. The second way is to manually sideload the apps. You can choose whichever method suits the best for you.
Change Windows 11 Region
Since these apps are only available in preview form in the United States, users from other regions will not be able to get the apps. But, by changing your PC’s region, you will be able to download and install the app on your Windows 11 PC. Here are the steps.
- Click on the Start button on the taskbar of your Windows 11 PC.
- Now, click on the Settings app. If you don’t see it there, either type in Settings or simply select the app from All apps.
- With the Settings app open, click on Time and Language.
- Finally, click on Language and Region.
- Under the Country or Region header, select the United States as the new region.
- And that is how you can change the region.
- Now, open the Microsoft Store and search for the Apple Music, Apple TV, or Apple Devices apps.
- You should now see them in the Store if you are on the latest Dev build.
- Simply click on the Get button to download and install the app on your Windows 11 PC.
Sideload Apple Apps On Windows 11
Another way to get Apple apps on your Windows 11 PC is by sideloading them. For this, you will have to enable Developer Mode. first, follow these steps to enable Developer Mode on your Windows 11 PC.
- Launch the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC.
- Click on Privacy and Security on the left panel of the Settings app.
- On the right side, click on the option that says For Developers.
- You should see a toggle next to Developer Mode.
- Click on the toggle to switch it on.
- You have now enabled Developer Mode on your windows 11 PC.
Now that developer mode has been enabled on your windows 11 PC, you can now follow these steps to sideload the desired apps to your Windows 11 PC.
- Launch the Powershell app from the Start Menu on your windows 11 PC.
- Make sure to run the Powershell app as an administrator.
- Type in the following command
Add-AppxPackage -Path (app file path)
- Once the path /link has been added, hit the enter key.
- You will now see the download progress for the selected app.
Download Apple TV and Apple Music for Windows PC
Apple Music Preview Link
Apple TV Preview Link
Apple Devices Preview
This is how you can get the new Apple Preview apps on your Windows 11 PC. Whether you are on the developer channel of Windows 11 or not and whether your region is the United States or not, you can now easily get the apps to your Windows 11 PC. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.